Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,238 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which stands/cases allow the device to charge while in use?

Tip us?

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Which stands/cases allow the device to charge while in use?

Hello, I noticed that the charging cable is connected to the bottom of the device (below the home button). If I want to charge the device while watching video with the device standing, what can I do? Obviously the official samsung bookcase cannot do this.

luvmygadgetz
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajime_android View Post
Hello, I noticed that the charging cable is connected to the bottom of the device (below the home button). If I want to charge the device while watching video with the device standing, what can I do? Obviously the official samsung bookcase cannot do this.
Something like this would work.

Hit Thanks if you're flattered or if I helped you

jumphour
Old
Thanks Meter 22
This is what I use.... I love it. Used it for years with my XOOM, and now the Samsung. I like that I can use it with a case on it. http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Al...s=tablet+stand

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Moto X - XT1049, Republic Wireless, 4.4.2 rooted. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Hashcheck-Hybrid v2 ROM. Moto Droid Bionic - Stock rooted & CyanFox 4.4.2. Moto Droid X - Stock Rooted. B&N Nook Color - B&N ver. 1.3 w/ ManualNooter 4.6.16. HP c510a - 1/2 rooted. Moto Xoom WiFi - OmniROM 4.4.2. HP TouchPad - dual-boot w/SGA's Fat'n Creamy ICS ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jumphour For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

renerj
Old
(Last edited by renerj; 2nd May 2014 at 09:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Official book cover works perfectly

When using the official book cover in standing position your galaxy note is actually upside down, so the micro usb is on top. Just tested it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajime_android View Post

elsamuraiguapo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Really? 'Cause I've been looking at reviews of it on YouTube and that's not the case (no pun intended).

TabGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 161
I have two of these and you can actually charge while sitting on the stand. You have to configure it to lean the Note back some but it works.
From Southern California
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Phone: Galaxy Note 3
Alma Mater: UCLA (Birthplace of the Internet)

prazvt
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
I have two of these and you can actually charge while sitting on the stand. You have to configure it to lean the Note back some but it works.
Apparently this one works w/ the Note 10.1 2014 Edition, according to 1 review on Amazon - EE-D100TNWEGUJ.

WJThomas
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsamuraiguapo View Post
Really? 'Cause I've been looking at reviews of it on YouTube and that's not the case (no pun intended).
While it was probably not designed for it, and it is not quite as stable as the standard upright position, you can configure the cover for the inclined typing position and stand the tablet on its head. I was using this position before I figured out the correct position. I still use it for charging.

Arsene_Lupin
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Personally, I can't justify buying a stand--I have too much crap already! So are there any decent case/stand hybrids that do the trick? The whole layout of the Note seems pretty... haphazard. I've got the cheap Poetic case, but to charge it up while using the folding-stand it has to be positioned at the very edge of the table/desk/surface... which makes the flimsy stand even flimsier. (I seriously want to punch whoever it was that decided thin folding stands were okay to use with 10" tablets).

prazvt
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Just got the one I mentioned, today. Confirmed it charges while the Note 10.1 2014 is docked.