[Q] need help rooting please

Tip us?

bls2633
Old
(Last edited by bls2633; 1st May 2014 at 03:37 AM.) Reason: more info
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] need help rooting please

i have downloaded the chainfire file. I watched a video where the guy did it on a sprint model. I put the zip file on my desktop, made a new folder and moved the contents into the new folder. now he uses odin 1.85 and in my folder its 3.07. also he said only the auto reboot box should be checked and mine has that and also the f reset time box checked and i cant uncheck it. Im not sure what to do here, I could really use some help here as this is my only night with the computer for a while and I really would like to root this ting tonight. I appreciate any help. thanks.

I will be sure to hit thanks

i have odin 1.85 and the latest tar file form chaifire , if I use odin 1.85 and put the tar file in only the auto reeboot box is checked and the file goes in the correct spot. can I just do it that way and hit start or will i be missing something?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,079

DONATE TO ME
Use 3.07 or 3.09. Leave defaults alone. There are tons of guides here for using odin if you need more help.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bls2633
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Use 3.07 or 3.09. Leave defaults alone. There are tons of guides here for using odin if you need more help.

I hit the thanks button but I still wanted to say thanks personally. so thank you

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,079

DONATE TO ME
You're welcome! Sounds like you got the rest on your own, so good work there!

edyny1
Old
Thanks Meter 6
When I rooted my s3 I clicked on pda and once the .tar file got added everything was done automatically. After that all I had to do was put the su zip into my sd card and flashed it thru recovery and done.
The Following User Says Thank You to edyny1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]