Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile S3 Wifi not turning on

Tip us?

Envycycles
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
Yes that's what I meant.

Please Re-Flash the Current firmware uvuenc2 via Odin. If you get stuck at boot after the flash, boot to stock recovery then wipe Cache.
So I flashed uvuenc2 again and wiped the Cache again. No help, still no wifi.

This is really getting to be a pain in the ass as my 4g service sucks at the house and rely on wifi.

Also I read last night not to flash 4.1.1 if you already have 4.3 uvuenc2 as it will brick the phone. Is there a way around that?

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3408

DONATE TO ME
I suspect hardware issues. Particularly when 4G does work.

There are ways to check for Hardware issues, but wouldn't want to recommend that if Warranty option is open.

Please raise a Warranty Request Or call T-Mo.

fabricatedhero
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Have you tried doing Odin to 4.3 stock?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5218

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envycycles View Post

This is really getting to be a pain in the ass as my 4g service sucks at the house and rely on wifi.

Also I read last night not to flash 4.1.1 if you already have 4.3 uvuenc2 as it will brick the phone. Is there a way around that?
Try another factory reset since youve reflashed the firmware. Data is still left over from before.
You can also try to see if you see anything going on with logcat. Theres apps that can help with this. Lots of logcat info on xda and elsewhere if you need it.
You cannot flash older firmware, but you can flash older roms. Try flashing a 4.1.2 MD5 based rom. This will trip the warranty bit if that matters.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

edyny1
Old
Thanks Meter 6
When that happens to me with stock rom I reinstall the firmware with odin and it always fix it.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envycycles View Post

Put your device in download mode and use odin to reinstall your firmware. That shoud fix your issue

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Put your device in download mode and use odin to reinstall your firmware. That shoud fix your issue