Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 50,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chainfire's Root

Tip us?

thcdhd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think I am stuck outside the OS. The phone says, " Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I can get to the downloading mode by holding power volume down and the home keys then press volume up. What are the steps from here to get back the phone?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Joe0113
Old
Thanks Meter 1578

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thcdhd View Post
I think I am stuck outside the OS. The phone says, " Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I can get to the downloading mode by holding power volume down and the home keys then press volume up. What are the steps from here to get back the phone?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app
Download the stock NCB tar found in my thread (step 2).
Sprint Galaxy S3 Retired
Sprint Galaxy S4 Retired

Sprint Galaxy S5
ROM: MOAR v1
Kernel: Stock NE5 Kernel
Theme: Click Ui (Nova theme)
Modem: NE5
Apps I NEED: TiBu, Google Now, Beautiful Widgets, Greenify (Donate), Xposed, 8sms, NiLS/NiLS FP

Awesome Collection of Android Apps from XDA Developers!
Collection of Apps for Android Wear (Alphabetized and Categorized)!

sedric1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i downloaded and extracted CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p per my sprints version. The installation all starts fine, but it seems to hang every time that I get to <ID:0/003> recovery.img

Pretty much have to disconnect the phone at that point. Any thoughts on what might be causing that?

miked63017
Old
Thanks Meter 167

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedric1 View Post
i downloaded and extracted CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p per my sprints version. The installation all starts fine, but it seems to hang every time that I get to <ID:0/003> recovery.img

Pretty much have to disconnect the phone at that point. Any thoughts on what might be causing that?
I don't think you are supposed to extract it. Just click pda and select the tar file in odin.

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda app-developers app

sedric1
Old
(Last edited by sedric1; 29th April 2014 at 03:59 AM.) Reason: message log added
Thanks Meter 0
I may have spoke wrong. I downloaded the .zip from page one and extracted the 5 files within it (so that I see the executable for Odin3-v3.07.exe).I put the .md5 file directly in the pda and it starts up. it just never gets beyond writing that recovery file in the install process - as if there isnt write access on my phone or so.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> recovery.img

miked63017
Old
Thanks Meter 167

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedric1 View Post
I may have spoke wrong. I downloaded the .zip from page one and extracted the 5 files within it (so that I see the executable for Odin3-v3.07.exe).I put the .md5 file directly in the pda and it starts up. it just never gets beyond writing that recovery file in the install process - as if there isnt write access on my phone or so.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
Do you have the latest drivers from samsung installed? Also, try running as administrator. Do any other odin files flash successfully for you?

sedric1
Old
(Last edited by sedric1; 30th April 2014 at 02:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked63017 View Post
I don't think you are supposed to extract it. Just click pda and select the tar file in odin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked63017 View Post
Do you have the latest drivers from samsung installed? Also, try running as administrator. Do any other odin files flash successfully for you?

yea i downloaded those fresh before my install. I was thinking of installing samsung kies and trying it again jsut to be sure.
I ran as administrator as well and same result. One thing of note;

I also tried installing phils cwm script. It takes an awfully long time to install the recovery.img through odin but it does seem as though it works (or at least says successful). Then when I go to reboot my phone into cwm, it says something about installing updates and then it doesnt show his version.. it is just the stock recovery screen

I'm sorta out of ideas otherwise so any ideas you have are appreciated.

sedric1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
just an update on this for anyone who runs into this brick wall like myself -> i fixed my issue after doing these things:

1. i cleared my phone's cache
2. uninstalled and reinstalled the samsung drivers (which were just installed fresh.. but oh well)
3. tried a 3rd port on my pc
4. reinstalled with no probs.

not sure if just one of those steps worked but i did them all and it worked like a charm today.