Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

[Q] How to actually modify the file hex-address once the particular offset is known?

OP Droid-O-Droid

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
2nd May 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
More
Hello XDA,

I am trying to figure this our from a week now. I searched everywhere and got no where and thought should finally post about it. If anybody would help me in this. I would appreciate it so much.

This is about modifying the hex. I found the particular hex-address for "coins" in one of the game. Once that hex address is modified, it would change the value of coins in the game. Therefore, I wanted to modify the apk as whole, so when anybody who downloaded and installed that apk for the first time, they could get the modified value since beginning. Hope you are getting me here.

Therefore, for this, I downloaded the apk, extracted the lib.so with winrar and edited with Hex-workshop. Now I am confused. I know the particular hex-address. It is this: 78373e8, but whenever I paste it and search in entire file, I can't find it. But I can only find till: 78373. How shall I know it is the one and how shall I actually modify its value?

Can someone good at this, please solve the issue?

Thanks in advance.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread