Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 46,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help with recovery twrp

Tip us?

bobbymacy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need help with recovery twrp

I unlocked the boot loader, then I rebooted my phone, then rebooted into recovery mode. Once I install either a custom rom, or supersu, even if it works to install, once i try to reboot, it only reboots to TWRP. Even when I reboot to system it still does that. Is my phone just bricked?

an0ther
Old
(Last edited by an0ther; 30th April 2014 at 01:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbymacy View Post
I unlocked the boot loader, then I rebooted my phone, then rebooted into recovery mode. Once I install either a custom rom, or supersu, even if it works to install, once i try to reboot, it only reboots to TWRP. Even when I reboot to system it still does that. Is my phone just bricked?
No its not bricked.. maybe soft bricked, but not bricked bricked how are you flashing recovery? are you using
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
or
fastboot flash boot twrp.img
2nd way is incorrect. Try
fastboot erase cache
then boot to twrp and flash rom and let me know what happens. Make sure you are using correct gsm twrp if you are on an att phone.

joyrida12
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
He probably followed these instructions here which direct you to flash twrp to boot instead of recovery just like you said above.

I don't know why he leaves it up there like that but seeing as it's the first link on Google when you search "root att HTC one m8" , he needs to change it cause I'm sure it's causing plenty of headaches.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

bobbymacy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther View Post
No its not bricked.. maybe soft bricked, but not bricked bricked how are you flashing recovery? are you using
or
fastboot flash boot twrp.img
2nd way is incorrect. Try
fastboot erase cache
then boot to twrp and flash rom and let me know what happens. Make sure you are using correct gsm twrp if you are on an att phone.
I did
./fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
because I'm using mac. I didn't erase the cache though. Also on twrp, it says my phone has no os, and installing a custom rom failed to install.