Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

4.2.1 Internal storage full, mystery. Help!

OP invertgoat

1st May 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Need some words of wisdom here. My rooted THL W200 has a fat I mean a huge portion of the internal memory crushed by something, no idea what. See screenshot.

I'm so low on internal storage that I can barely do anything. It's crippling my phones basic functionality. Is my OS bloated or what. Is a clean install of 4.2.1 really over 500mb!!!

So far I have tried wiping the dalvik cache with an app, barely freed anything. Is there anything I can do. Bare in mind that the default recovery is running and it's entirely in chinese so I have no idea how to use it and getting CWM doesn't appear to be too simple on this phone.

Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-01-21-20-47.png
Views:	31
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	2720150  
2nd May 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 586

3,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertgoat

Need some words of wisdom here. My rooted THL W200 has a fat I mean a huge portion of the internal memory crushed by something, no idea what. See screenshot.

I'm so low on internal storage that I can barely do anything. It's crippling my phones basic functionality. Is my OS bloated or what. Is a clean install of 4.2.1 really over 500mb!!!

So far I have tried wiping the dalvik cache with an app, barely freed anything. Is there anything I can do. Bare in mind that the default recovery is running and it's entirely in chinese so I have no idea how to use it and getting CWM doesn't appear to be too simple on this phone.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry, the screenshot does not seem very helpful without the actual measuring of the storage. Might want to use a better storage analyzer.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...torageanalyser

Also, it's not a big deal that /system takes up that much space. For one thing, that's a separate partition than where you save your media and files and apps you install are saved to /data/app so doesn't make much difference. Plus many newer phones have systems that are 2 GBs give or take a bit.
2nd May 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #3  
Flag Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 140

767 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertgoat

Thanks for any help.

also you can reset your phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread