Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Clusterbonds tool for LG G2

Tip us?

AbdulrahmanAmir
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
to whom using the tool : this tool is still under testing and i am facing problems with the adb and loki patchers and flashes so i'll be in touch with you guyz and thanks for the bug reports

Nitefire77
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyPlaya513 View Post
tried rooting friends tmo d801 g2. get the following once i perform the step to reconnect the usb and continue

Mounting system RW and pushing SU, then remounting system RO again
mount: Operation not permitted
cannot stat 'su': No such file or directory
Unable to open /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to open /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
mount: Operation not permitted
Installing superuser
can't find 'superuser.apk' to install
Is your friend on stock KitKat? There is no root method for d801 stock KitKat at the moment. Its the only varient that doesn't let ioroot work
Device: LG G2 D801 T-Mobile
Rom:
[B]Cloudy Flex! (port of G flex Stock ROM for G2
Kernel: Stock LG Kernel

NyPlaya513
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefire77 View Post
Is your friend on stock KitKat? There is no root method for d801 stock KitKat at the moment. Its the only varient that doesn't let ioroot work
Yes it is and yes I am very well aware of that, but since the OP and other responses from the OP made it seem as though he got through somehow using this tool especially that it isnt requiring you to go to recovery which is the primary issue with the tmo g2.

AbdulrahmanAmir
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
inside that tool there is a ioroot folder it cotains kitkat root if you know how to use it push it via sideload

Nitefire77
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyPlaya513 View Post
Yes it is and yes I am very well aware of that, but since the OP and other responses from the OP made it seem as though he got through somehow using this tool especially that it isnt requiring you to go to recovery which is the primary issue with the tmo g2.
Unfortunately for the d801 you have to have been rooted from 4.2 in order to have superuser flashed when a 4.4 ROM is installed. Any update OTA or shipping with 4.4 can't be fixed easily. There is a downgrade process with lg flashtool that would work, its a lot of steps and workarounds to get it to work right
Device: LG G2 D801 T-Mobile
Rom:
[B]Cloudy Flex! (port of G flex Stock ROM for G2
Kernel: Stock LG Kernel

NyPlaya513
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Unfortunately for the d801 you have to have been rooted from 4.2 in order to have superuser flashed when a 4.4 ROM is installed. Any update OTA or shipping with 4.4 can't be fixed easily. There is a downgrade process with lg flashtool that would work, its a lot of steps and workarounds to get it to work right
yea trust me I know that. i did that with my vs980 but he is being a child and yet bothers me daily to help him with his d801. As mentioned, going off of the OP comments just like above he is under the impression it can be done.............why is why I/my friend had some hope

darkflyer1983
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkflyer1983 View Post
Need help please
It failed to install recovery on VDT14 kitkat rom.
""
installing recovery . . .

8262 KB/s (67688 bytes in 0.008s)
8180 KB/s (67020 bytes in 0.008s)
5936 KB/s (8869888 bytes in 1.459s)

/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot: cannot open for read: Permission d
enied
Unable to open /data/local/tmp/aboot.img: No such file or directory

[+] loki_patch v2.1
[-] Failed to open /data/local/tmp/aboot.img for reading.

[+] loki_flash v2.0
[-] Failed to open aboot for reading.

""
!
I have a D802 INT, but still not working for me

AbdulrahmanAmir
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
actually .... to skip those steps u have inside that tool a ioroot folder created by @thecubed

NyPlaya513
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulrahmanAmir View Post
actually .... to skip those steps u have inside that tool a ioroot folder created by @thecubed
ioroot doesnt work for d801 kitkat as far as everyone even the dev knows and states