Using a launcher or no ?

Search This thread

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
I am typically a big Nova Prime Launcher guy. But trying a launcher on this M8 didn't feel right for some reason. It took away the beauty of the One or something.

I am running a custom ROM with tweaks, as well as Sense 6 Alpha toolbox xposed framework.

But think I'll hold off on a launcher for awhile, and enjoy Sense.

Anyone else ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

joshuaw84

Sep 30, 2010
I thought the same thing, was a adw ex user on my evo. Probably won't use a launcher until I get sick of sense when cm variations come into the game with stability.

Sent from my Sprint M8 Running the latest Viper

eallan

Apr 23, 2010
I am typically a big Nova Prime Launcher guy. But trying a launcher on this M8 didn't feel right for some reason. It took away the beauty of the One or something.

I am running a custom ROM with tweaks, as well as Sense 6 Alpha toolbox xposed framework.

But think I'll hold off on a launcher for awhile, and enjoy Sense.

Anyone else ?

I don't enjoy really anything about sense. Using the Google now launcher.

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
How do I install the Google Now Launcher ? When I look it up, says my device is not compatible.

mkhopper

Nov 20, 2009
So far I'm sticking with the stock Sense, but will likely go back to using Apex at some point.

memekmek

Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
I completely agree about wanting to use sense...the issues for me are:

-hard to back up and restore the homescreen for sense
-not as many customization and gestures
-doesnt show notifications on custom apps like nova does.

I do think that sense has really upped their game in design

Pauls57

Apr 2, 2014
Buffalo
Using apex with a shortcut to blinkfeed. Like it a lot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ruxin

Apr 20, 2012
Sense is a lot better than some of the other OEM options, but still the first thing I installed when I got my One was Nova Prime. I've just gotten so used to all of the customisations I can (and want to) do with Nova that the experience without it just feels off.

For starters, I lose my swipe/tap gestures on the homescreen which I've now developed muscle memory for.

bkeaver

I completely agree about wanting to use sense...the issues for me are:

-hard to back up and restore the homescreen for sense
-not as many customization and gestures
-doesnt show notifications on custom apps like nova does.

I do think that sense has really upped their game in design

It's not hard to backup and restore the homescreens for sense. I use titanium backup for that and backup BlinkFeed (homescreens). This will backup your homescreens the way you have them.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

xPhantom

Apr 16, 2010
I used Nova Prime on my EVO 4G LTE and EVO 3D before that... but am still using Sense 6 on my M8. Although I absolutely love Nova and got really comfortable with all the gestures and other customizations I had set up, I decided I'd run Sense 6 until I get bored of it. Another thing is that I actually like the Sense widgets and was always a bit bummed that I had to download alternatives to use in Nova.

PunishedSnake

Apr 12, 2014
Fresno
Used the Google experience launcher on note 3 but haven't felt the need with the m8

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts