Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why doesn't HTC offer this promotion in the U.S?

Tip us?

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
We do get screen replacement in UK I've had it done
Quote:
Originally Posted by grentuu View Post
Under the Advantage scheme? - it states US only

(there's a complete thread on it (I'm sure you posted in it lol)
I'm guessing this is why we get a case in the box...
Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

grentuu
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
I'm guessing this is why we get a case in the box...
Sold my case on Ebay lol

I UPGRADED TO A 5GHZ CABLE HUB FOR THIS???

IF I DON'T HELP YOU, IT'S NOT BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A TOSS. I JUST DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER.
IF I DO, PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by grentuu View Post
Sold my case on Ebay lol
I quite like it! It's a spare now I've got the hard shell case from HTC but I'm not getting rid of it just yet...
Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

grentuu
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
I quite like it! It's a spare now I've got the hard shell case from HTC but I'm not getting rid of it just yet...
I liked it but got the Case Mate Tough which is great. A lot of the U.S. guys on here wanted it but postage was about $15 so wasn't worth it, so just put it on Ebay. Only got £5 for it lol

I UPGRADED TO A 5GHZ CABLE HUB FOR THIS???

IF I DON'T HELP YOU, IT'S NOT BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A TOSS. I JUST DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER.
IF I DO, PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.

jmvfeo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah bro sorry i forgot to put on my helmet to day, my apologies for being so retarded to think that because you have to go through the HTC site to redeem that it is HTC who is offering. It does make a lot of sense to half to go through HTC website instead of Vodaphone having it in the store and giving to you on the spot when you buy the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Are you stupid? Read the very first part of the first post you made. It flat out says it is for Vodafone customers only...

1.Free HTC BoomBass with every purchase of a HTC One (M8) when bought at Vodafone Limited (“Vodafone”) either online, in-store or via telephone (the “Offer”)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

xploitUK
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb9999 View Post
Because it's an offer from Vodafone UK, and they don't operate in the US! I bought my phone from EE in the UK and I didn't get the offer, because it's not an HTC offer.
Same here, although I did get a free case with mine that other people haven't had.

Also handy to know someone that works in a phone shop as he told me which contract was best - I asked specifically for that contract in store elsewhere and managed to blag a free memory card too