Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 49,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Contacts gone ??

Tip us?

joeherlev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default Contacts gone ??

My friend has a strange problem with his SGS5 ...Yesterday I was with him to help him . He had the problem that ALL of his contacts had disappeared from the phone. They had all been there for the last 3 days . He has his contacts in sync with his google account. ! I went on his google to sync again , but there was not any contact there .. ONLY 7 favorites came back .. out of 75 contacts.So I went on google via his PC to check contacts .. And strange enough was only 7 friends there .. This despite the fact that he NEVER deleted a single one of his contacts in Google. They are all fine as they should on his SGS4 . And it is set up to ONLY show google contacts.So the problem is ONLY on his new SGS5 ..I copyed ALL 75 contacts from SGS4 over on his google account which I deleted google account on SGS5 and created it again . And wupti .. There were all his 75 contacts again ..But but but ... Just before he called to tell that the same thing had happened again . ! !WTF ... And again all is gone both on the phone ( SGS5 ) and his google account.What's going on ?
PHONE Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F ROM Omega Rom V8 KERNEL Omega 1.3 BOOTLOADER G900FXXU1ANG9

PHONE Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505.. ROM Omega Rom V26 KERNEL Talexop 2.5 BOOTLOADER I9505XXUFNBH

PHONE Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.. ROM Omega Rom V54 KERNEL Boeffla 5.1 BOOTLOADER I9300DDUGMK1

joeherlev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeherlev View Post
My friend has a strange problem with his SGS5 ...Yesterday I was with him to help him . He had the problem that ALL of his contacts had disappeared from the phone. They had all been there for the last 3 days . He has his contacts in sync with his google account. ! I went on his google to sync again , but there was not any contact there .. ONLY 7 favorites came back .. out of 75 contacts.So I went on google via his PC to check contacts .. And strange enough was only 7 friends there .. This despite the fact that he NEVER deleted a single one of his contacts in Google. They are all fine as they should on his SGS4 . And it is set up to ONLY show google contacts.So the problem is ONLY on his new SGS5 ..I copyed ALL 75 contacts from SGS4 over on his google account which I deleted google account on SGS5 and created it again . And wupti .. There were all his 75 contacts again ..But but but ... Just before he called to tell that the same thing had happened again . ! !WTF ... And again all is gone both on the phone ( SGS5 ) and his google account.What's going on ?
Please... Someone... Heeeeelp !
PHONE Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F ROM Omega Rom V8 KERNEL Omega 1.3 BOOTLOADER G900FXXU1ANG9

PHONE Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505.. ROM Omega Rom V26 KERNEL Talexop 2.5 BOOTLOADER I9505XXUFNBH

PHONE Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.. ROM Omega Rom V54 KERNEL Boeffla 5.1 BOOTLOADER I9300DDUGMK1