Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No AT&T LTE Speeds (Solved)

Tip us?

jgunna405
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default No AT&T LTE Speeds (Solved)

So I was poking around the OF7 forums and noticed that I wasn't the only person that despite the many combos of APNs I was using, the best I was getting was H+. Come to find out, your issue is 1 and/or 2 things.. I happened to have both issues.

1. I never had 4G capability until this phone (coming from SG2)
Since I had a standard size SIM, I had to go get an LTE enabled microSIM to fit this phone at the AT&T store.

2. I registered my IMEI with AT&T
DO NOT register your OF7a with AT&T, since it's an unrecognized phone, it will default to pretty much trash and you'll lose any chance of 4G until you do what I had to do.

Solution:
What I did was take my wife's phone (LTE enabled GSIII) and put my microSIM inside. Powered the phone on, let it recognize my SIM.. and then I contacted ATT via Messenger on their site. Told them that I was using my wife's phone and that I didn't have LTE on it, but she did whenever she used it.. Gave them the IMEI number for the GSIII and after he made his updates in his system, he had my power off my phone for 90 secs. After I powered the phone back on, and just like that, I had LTE on the SG3 with my SIM.. thanked the tech and popped my SIM back into the OF7a and viola! All good.. Now that I have confirmed 4G LTE on the OF7a, I've been playing around with different APNs... so far my favorite is as follows:

down: 30-45 up: 16+

Name: Anything you want, I called it OPPO PTA
APN: pta
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: not set
APN type: default,sup,mms
APN protocol:IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

Hope this helps.

Not sure if I can post other forum links where I figured out where I went wrong, but it's the Oppo Forums (No ATT LTE with 7a US Edition)
The Following User Says Thank You to jgunna405 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chevyguy85
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunna405 View Post
So I was poking around the OF7 forums and noticed that I wasn't the only person that despite the many combos of APNs I was using, the best I was getting was H+. Come to find out, your issue is 1 and/or 2 things.. I happened to have both issues.

1. I never had 4G capability until this phone (coming from SG2)
Since I had a standard size SIM, I had to go get an LTE enabled microSIM to fit this phone at the AT&T store.

2. I registered my IMEI with AT&T
DO NOT register your OF7a with AT&T, since it's an unrecognized phone, it will default to pretty much trash and you'll lose any chance of 4G until you do what I had to do.

Solution:
What I did was take my wife's phone (LTE enabled GSIII) and put my microSIM inside. Powered the phone on, let it recognize my SIM.. and then I contacted ATT via Messenger on their site. Told them that I was using my wife's phone and that I didn't have LTE on it, but she did whenever she used it.. Gave them the IMEI number for the GSIII and after he made his updates in his system, he had my power off my phone for 90 secs. After I powered the phone back on, and just like that, I had LTE on the SG3 with my SIM.. thanked the tech and popped my SIM back into the OF7a and viola! All good.. Now that I have confirmed 4G LTE on the OF7a, I've been playing around with different APNs... so far my favorite is as follows:

down: 30-45 up: 16+

Name: Anything you want, I called it OPPO PTA
APN: pta
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: not set
APN type: default,sup,mms
APN protocol:IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

Hope this helps.

Not sure if I can post other forum links where I figured out where I went wrong, but it's the Oppo Forums (No ATT LTE with 7a US Edition)
well crud I called yesterday and registered my IMEI and I guess my phone as well. Still no LTE. I'll probably stop by ATT store again and see what they can do. While I rarely use the cell data, might as well get the fastest I can right? Thanks for the tips.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chevyguy85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]