Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more

HTC Sense Camera & Gallery for M8 GPE Lollipop

If you are running a GPE ROM and miss the sense gallery and camera, this flashable zip by … more

XenonHD Unofficial AOSP-based ROM for Find 7a

XDA Recognized Contributor uppon2 & Team Horizon are bringing the Oppo … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Smartwatch 2 metal strap resize

26th April 2014, 07:42 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 2
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Is there any way to resize the metal strap for the Smartwatch 2? I've seen posts that tell that the strap is adjustable, but I just can't do it. Whenever I try to push out the pin where the little arrow is, I nearly just break my hand because it just doesn't want to go out. Any ideas what to do?
 
 
26th April 2014, 08:34 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
181 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
You have to push into the holes from the side where you can't see a notch across the top of the pin.
26th April 2014, 08:59 PM |#3  
Member
Flag st. michael
Thanks Meter: 17
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markslo112

Is there any way to resize the metal strap for the Smartwatch 2? I've seen posts that tell that the strap is adjustable, but I just can't do it. Whenever I try to push out the pin where the little arrow is, I nearly just break my hand because it just doesn't want to go out. Any ideas what to do?

You need to do more than push. I suggest getting a small nail or screwdriver and a hammer. Set the watch on a carpeted floor and tap the pin with your nail and hammer. One it starts to poke out the other side take a needle nose and pull out the rest of the way out
26th April 2014, 11:46 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 2
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by themissionimpossible

You have to push into the holes from the side where you can't see a notch across the top of the pin.

Well that's what I'm doing but the other side just doesnt want to go out, it looks like they are stuck no matter how hard I try to push on the side where the arrows are.
26th April 2014, 11:48 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 2
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Basilisk

You need to do more than push. I suggest getting a small nail or screwdriver and a hammer. Set the watch on a carpeted floor and tap the pin with your nail and hammer. One it starts to poke out the other side take a needle nose and pull out the rest of the way out

I also tried using a hammer but as I said no matter how hard i try to push/hit the nail into the pin it just doesnt go out from the other side and therefore I cannot grab the pin.
27th April 2014, 01:24 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by markslo112

I also tried using a hammer but as I said no matter how hard i try to push/hit the nail into the pin it just doesnt go out from the other side and therefore I cannot grab the pin.

it took a hell of a lot of hand strength and patience but i manage to resize mine with a thumb tack, needle nose pliers, and some kind of glove or covering for your fingers. im skinny and had to take out 6 links, with patience it took about 45 minutes to do and my fingers were pretty sore.
27th April 2014, 09:10 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 2
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacwin22

it took a hell of a lot of hand strength and patience but i manage to resize mine with a thumb tack, needle nose pliers, and some kind of glove or covering for your fingers. im skinny and had to take out 6 links, with patience it took about 45 minutes to do and my fingers were pretty sore.

I'm just thinking about taking the watch to the watchmaker to resize it. I don't want to scratch or break anything anything as it's really hard to push out the pins.
27th April 2014, 04:58 PM |#8  
Where can I buy the metal strap?

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app
28th April 2014, 10:40 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchz

Where can I buy the metal strap?

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

http://www.strapcode.com/store/24mm-...sp-p-1933.html
2nd May 2014, 09:28 AM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by markslo112

Is there any way to resize the metal strap for the Smartwatch 2? I've seen posts that tell that the strap is adjustable, but I just can't do it. Whenever I try to push out the pin where the little arrow is, I nearly just break my hand because it just doesn't want to go out. Any ideas what to do?

I just followed this great guide:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN1PT...CLxEjg&index=1

Since I don't have screwdrivers that tiny I hammered out the pins using a blunt thick sewing needle held steady with a pair of tongs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes