Hi Locker to Help You With Lockscreen Headache

The lockscreen is a part of the OS that we see hundreds of times every day, whether … more

Must Have App Review: Spider Squisher Pro Extreme

Here on XDA TV we have a series we like to call Must Have Apps. These are apps that we … more

OnePlus DR-1 Quadcopter Drone Available for Purchase

OnePlus has been teasing a new product for a while now, hailing it as a … more

KDZ of Android 5.0.1 Captured for T-Mobile LG G3

T-Mobile US is yet to release the 20B Lollipop build for the LG G3. Luckily enough, you … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] How to move signal to left?

2nd May 2014, 08:10 AM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Perak
Thanks Meter: 53
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
how to move signal to left any suggestion?
The Following User Says Thank You to mohawk97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 09:12 AM |#2  
marcussmith2626's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,821
 
5,355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
change the linearlayout to left in status_bar.xml after you have decompiled SystemUI.apk with apktool

for example change the bit in red to the following in stock based roms

Code:
<LinearLayout android:gravity="left" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.SignalText android:textSize="26.5dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:paddingRight="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.BatteryText android:textSize="16.5dip" android:typeface="serif" android:textStyle="bold" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:paddingRight="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.Clock android:textAppearance="@*android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:textSize="25.0dip" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
    </LinearLayout>
The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 09:20 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Perak
Thanks Meter: 53
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

change the linearlayout to left in status_bar.xml after you have decompiled SystemUI.apk with apktool

for example change the bit in red to the following in stock based roms

Code:
<LinearLayout android:gravity="left" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.SignalText android:textSize="26.5dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:paddingRight="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.BatteryText android:textSize="16.5dip" android:typeface="serif" android:textStyle="bold" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:paddingRight="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.Clock android:textAppearance="@*android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:textSize="25.0dip" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
    </LinearLayout>


thaxs sir but how to move wifi icon next signal icon

please look picture in attachment sir

im just newbies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20140502-133325.png
Views:	515
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	2721005  
2nd May 2014, 09:24 AM |#4  
marcussmith2626's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,821
 
5,355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawk97

thaxs sir but how to move wifi icon next signal icon

please look picture in attachment sir

im just newbies.

change other layouts to left - play around with it - you may get some overlap so just change the gravity of the layout till you find what works best

im sure there are guides around somewhere if you search in google
2nd May 2014, 09:32 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Perak
Thanks Meter: 53
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

change other layouts to left - play around with it - you may get some overlap so just change the gravity of the layout till you find what works best

im sure there are guides around somewhere if you search in google


im search the guide about a month but not found only found mariozawa

thaxs for answering
2nd May 2014, 09:38 AM |#6  
marcussmith2626's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,821
 
5,355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawk97

im search the guide about a month but not found only found mariozawa

thaxs for answering

also change this to one in red

Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.IconMerger android:gravity="left" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
also the linearlayout above it you might have to remove the gravity shown in red
Code:
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">

so after changes it should end up like something like this

Code:
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
	<LinearLayout android:gravity="left" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" />
	<com.android.systemui.statusbar.IconMerger android:gravity="left" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.Clock android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="right" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
</LinearLayout>

play around with things - its the best way to learn
Last edited by marcussmith2626; 2nd May 2014 at 09:46 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes