Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 39,831 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] after Verizon KitKat upgrade weird fingerprint screen

Tip us?

hoodoo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] after Verizon KitKat upgrade weird fingerprint screen

Hi
I upgraded my phone to KitKat (Ota Verizon upgrade). I then ran into issues so I factory wiped the phone and reinstalled everything. But now I see (often) a weird screen with a fingerprint image which blocks the lower part of my screen.not sure when it shows up and even worst, how to remove it. For now I reboot each time. Regular Verizon s4, official Verizon upgrade, not rooted. Any help would be appreciated this drives me crazy and make the phone hard to use. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-29-22-51-29.png
Views:	173
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	2717095  

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodoo View Post
Hi
I upgraded my phone to KitKat (Ota Verizon upgrade). I then ran into issues so I factory wiped the phone and reinstalled everything. But now I see (often) a weird screen with a fingerprint image which blocks the lower part of my screen.not sure when it shows up and even worst, how to remove it. For now I reboot each time. Regular Verizon s4, official Verizon upgrade, not rooted. Any help would be appreciated this drives me crazy and make the phone hard to use. Thanks
I would try wiping the phone again and considering taking it to a corporate Verizon store. Obviously their OTA has some code from the S5 mixed in.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar

PthPndr
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodoo View Post
Hi

I have a friend who is having the same issue. If you happen to find a solution please post it.