[Q] after Verizon KitKat upgrade weird fingerprint screen

OP hoodoo

30th April 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi
I upgraded my phone to KitKat (Ota Verizon upgrade). I then ran into issues so I factory wiped the phone and reinstalled everything. But now I see (often) a weird screen with a fingerprint image which blocks the lower part of my screen.not sure when it shows up and even worst, how to remove it. For now I reboot each time. Regular Verizon s4, official Verizon upgrade, not rooted. Any help would be appreciated this drives me crazy and make the phone hard to use. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-29-22-51-29.png
Views:	173
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	2717095  
30th April 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,438

3,330 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodoo

Hi
I upgraded my phone to KitKat (Ota Verizon upgrade). I then ran into issues so I factory wiped the phone and reinstalled everything. But now I see (often) a weird screen with a fingerprint image which blocks the lower part of my screen.not sure when it shows up and even worst, how to remove it. For now I reboot each time. Regular Verizon s4, official Verizon upgrade, not rooted. Any help would be appreciated this drives me crazy and make the phone hard to use. Thanks

I would try wiping the phone again and considering taking it to a corporate Verizon store. Obviously their OTA has some code from the S5 mixed in.
2nd May 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodoo

Hi

I have a friend who is having the same issue. If you happen to find a solution please post it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread