Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 52,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just ordered a used phone

Tip us?

RobAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpaulien View Post
Just a quick question. Do you get LTE data on your phone with Ting? Not that i care that much but i think i should be in service area to get it, but it only shows 3G on the status bar. I usually just use WiFi so it's not that big of a deal. Just wondering.

I was able to successfully root and unlock the boot loader, and install TWRP recovery. Tonight i think I'll try my luck with getting S-OFF.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
I do get LTE in my area but in some places I have to do a PRL update first. You might also check Settings, Mobile Data, and make sure network mode is LTE/CDMA.
------------------
Rocking an HTC EVO 4G LTE on ting (Sprint MVNO)
Previous: HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, Samsung Blackjack II, HTC STRTRK (Cingular 3125), Motorola MPx220

bpaulien
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobAndroid View Post
I do get LTE in my area but in some places I have to do a PRL update first. You might also check Settings, Mobile Data, and make sure network mode is LTE/CDMA.
Cool, thanks. I just did a search on LTE service in my area, and it appears that they are actually in the process of upgrading our towers to LTE, right now, so that's probably why I'm not seeing it much. Hopefully in the next couple months it will become more prevalent. For now, I'm satisfied with 3G since as I said, I mostly use WiFi anyway. And I imagine I'd burn through data more with a faster connection, so it's not a huge deal to me. But thank you for confirming that I at least should be able to access it on Ting, once it's available on my towers.

shadowguy1
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpaulien View Post
Just a quick question. Do you get LTE data on your phone with Ting? Not that i care that much but i think i should be in service area to get it, but it only shows 3G on the status bar. I usually just use WiFi so it's not that big of a deal. Just wondering.

I was able to successfully root and unlock the boot loader, and install TWRP recovery. Tonight i think I'll try my luck with getting S-OFF.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
I certainly do; I was having issues with LTE at first but it turns out it's just a weak signal where I am (Santa Clara/San Jose). Sprint's upgrading here as well. Oh well, I usually leave data off anyway
Phones:
HTC Evo 4G LTE on Ting
iPhone 4S

How to make a clean install of any ROM