[Q] HTC Butterfly WiFi problem,how to fix?

Search This thread

Htcbutterfly

Apr 30, 2014
Hello, I bought an HTC butterfly x920d from Taiwan last year, I broke the screen and sent it back to get it fixed. HTC replaced my old phone with a brand new one. This one has a major WiFi problem.It barely connects to a WiFi connection when the signals are quite strong and even in a good WiFi environment it barely shows even one or two signals and I can't use the internet. I performed the soft reset and factory reset twice but the problem is still there. The latest KitKat 4.4 update has made things even worse. Now I can barely connect to my network connection and data. I can barely use 3g, make or receive calls. I cannot send the phone all the way back to Taiwan AGAIN as I live in Pakistan. PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASE help me!

snipervn

Nov 2, 2009
Hà Nội
Let try this:
Setting --> wi-fi --> three dots button to go to menu --> wifi direct --> three dots button to go to menu --> Rename device.
Then, change the name to HTC Butterfly or Android_ebb4.

Good luck.

Htcbutterfly

Apr 30, 2014
Didn't work

Let try this:
Setting --> wi-fi --> three dots button to go to menu --> wifi direct --> three dots button to go to menu --> Rename device.
Then, change the name to HTC Butterfly or Android_ebb4.

Good luck.

I tried what you said but didn't work! Anything else I can try? Thank you for your help.