Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HALPPPPP! My G2's battery is apparently shorted. won't power on, red LED flashing

Tip us?

RiverdALIEN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default HALPPPPP! My G2's battery is apparently shorted. won't power on, red LED flashing

T-Mobile is sending me a new one arriving monday 4/28/14 and i have 7 days from receipt of the replacement to return this handset but i NEED TO RECOVER IMAGES AND TEXTS! i'll do anything that wouldn't indicate to t-mo that i've screwed the warranty pooch please halp

RiverdALIEN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
took it to a little shop and a guy said it was electrostatic in the mobo. i got the phone powered on and everything but it went off as soon as i got home i dont wanna pay him more ughhhhh

RiverdALIEN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
you guys are useless sometimes but here's a hint so you never have my problem. don't use usb extension cable to charge your phone. just use the one that came with it. pull that chair hecka close to the wall. random usb cables can screw up your hardware

robogo1982
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverdALIEN View Post
you guys are useless sometimes but here's a hint so you never have my problem. don't use usb extension cable to charge your phone. just use the one that came with it. pull that chair hecka close to the wall. random usb cables can screw up your hardware
Maybe no one before you got this problem, so no one could help you with it?

Comments like these are downright rude and definitely won't get you any help when needed.
| LG G2 | D802 | stock | 72 hrs on a single charge
| Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 | custom ROM | [sold]
| Sony Xperia Z | stock | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 | custom ROM | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | stock | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 | custom ROM | [sold]
| HTC Desire | stock | [sold]
| HTC Hero | stock | [sold]
:: i'm a lazy mug who doesn't update his signature that often ::

Sfkn2
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Lol. Noob.

Posting from my LG G2 while driving an Evo IX.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sfkn2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Critical Detox
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
On a related note, I am using a USB extension cable with another USB cable, my phone is fine. Anyways as was stated don't be rude, you posted a question that maybe 0.1% of people with a G2 have had.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

RiverdALIEN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
yeah whatever guys don't be so sensitive. i'm definitely not a noob. i know when i've been looked off.

i'm not saying they cause the problem i'm saying they can.

anyway, someone can close this thread.