Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mime Feather+ for S5

Tip us?

fly3rs28
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkDave View Post
Got a better idea?
No, I think that's an awesome idea, I've never heard of it. Does it work well?

jkDave
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly3rs28 View Post
No, I think that's an awesome idea, I've never heard of it. Does it work well?
Lol, sorry I jumped on the defense there.

Yea it worked well for me, I had to redo mine 5 times because I didn't clear the dust off well enough which was causing bubbles and because of the raised lip you have to align the glass perfectly. I used floss to peel it off and just went very carefully only lifting with the floss and was able to redo it several times. I did this before on my old phone and broke the glass because I tried lifting with my finger.
Samsung Galaxy S5 G900A
HTC One (m7) ARHD 62.0

risestar2
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I have the feather glass on my S5, everything works and looks great and it even fits with the otterbox cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkDave View Post
Lol, sorry I jumped on the defense there.

Yea it worked well for me, I had to redo mine 5 times because I didn't clear the dust off well enough which was causing bubbles and because of the raised lip you have to align the glass perfectly. I used floss to peel it off and just went very carefully only lifting with the floss and was able to redo it several times. I did this before on my old phone and broke the glass because I tried lifting with my finger.

Biomusic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Guys how is the fingerprint scanner? works yay nay? lol and also does it effect the phone when putting it in water? im liking your guys cases. and deciding to either the feather or ghost.. xD lol like the ghost but idk if fits my s5 with tech 21 case smoothly.
Zero Galaxy S5

Mr. bird
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomusic View Post
Guys how is the fingerprint scanner? works yay nay? lol and also does it effect the phone when putting it in water? im liking your guys cases. and deciding to either the feather or ghost.. xD lol like the ghost but idk if fits my s5 with tech 21 case smoothly.
The feather glass sits flush with the home button so the scanner works just fine. The ghost glass is thicker so it might not work as well. I don't know what will happen with water. I would definitely wait a couple days to make sure it's totally adhered. It may loosen it up or it may not. I would assume it would be fine but I don't know for sure. Even though the phone is water resistant I don't plane on getting it wet on purpose.

jkDave
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomusic View Post
Like the last guy said, the ghost glass is significantly thicker when thinking in terms of nm & mm. I have the feather glass on mine and couldn't imagine having anything thicker as it sits flush with the home button as it is now. I've put mine completely underwater, no issues with the glass. As long as you dont have any bubbles around the edges it's air tight, waters not getting in. Take your time putting it on and make sure you clean every single tiny spec of dust. Glass protectors are pretty unforgiving if you mess up. I was able to redo mine several times lifting very delicately with floss however. The lips on the phone make it so if your off by even a nanometer you'll have a bubble.
Samsung Galaxy S5 G900A
HTC One (m7) ARHD 62.0