FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Mime Feather+ for S5

30th April 2014, 03:42 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkDave

Got a better idea?

No, I think that's an awesome idea, I've never heard of it. Does it work well?
 
 
30th April 2014, 04:21 PM |#12  
jkDave's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly3rs28

No, I think that's an awesome idea, I've never heard of it. Does it work well?

Lol, sorry I jumped on the defense there.

Yea it worked well for me, I had to redo mine 5 times because I didn't clear the dust off well enough which was causing bubbles and because of the raised lip you have to align the glass perfectly. I used floss to peel it off and just went very carefully only lifting with the floss and was able to redo it several times. I did this before on my old phone and broke the glass because I tried lifting with my finger.
30th April 2014, 07:17 PM |#13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
I have the feather glass on my S5, everything works and looks great and it even fits with the otterbox cases.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jkDave

Lol, sorry I jumped on the defense there.

Yea it worked well for me, I had to redo mine 5 times because I didn't clear the dust off well enough which was causing bubbles and because of the raised lip you have to align the glass perfectly. I used floss to peel it off and just went very carefully only lifting with the floss and was able to redo it several times. I did this before on my old phone and broke the glass because I tried lifting with my finger.

1st May 2014, 05:09 AM |#14  
Biomusic's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Guys how is the fingerprint scanner? works yay nay? lol and also does it effect the phone when putting it in water? im liking your guys cases. and deciding to either the feather or ghost.. xD lol like the ghost but idk if fits my s5 with tech 21 case smoothly.
2nd May 2014, 11:20 AM |#15  
Mr. bird's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomusic

Guys how is the fingerprint scanner? works yay nay? lol and also does it effect the phone when putting it in water? im liking your guys cases. and deciding to either the feather or ghost.. xD lol like the ghost but idk if fits my s5 with tech 21 case smoothly.

The feather glass sits flush with the home button so the scanner works just fine. The ghost glass is thicker so it might not work as well. I don't know what will happen with water. I would definitely wait a couple days to make sure it's totally adhered. It may loosen it up or it may not. I would assume it would be fine but I don't know for sure. Even though the phone is water resistant I don't plane on getting it wet on purpose.
2nd May 2014, 12:23 PM |#16  
jkDave's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomusic

Guys how is the fingerprint scanner? works yay nay? lol and also does it effect the phone when putting it in water? im liking your guys cases. and deciding to either the feather or ghost.. xD lol like the ghost but idk if fits my s5 with tech 21 case smoothly.

Like the last guy said, the ghost glass is significantly thicker when thinking in terms of nm & mm. I have the feather glass on mine and couldn't imagine having anything thicker as it sits flush with the home button as it is now. I've put mine completely underwater, no issues with the glass. As long as you dont have any bubbles around the edges it's air tight, waters not getting in. Take your time putting it on and make sure you clean every single tiny spec of dust. Glass protectors are pretty unforgiving if you mess up. I was able to redo mine several times lifting very delicately with floss however. The lips on the phone make it so if your off by even a nanometer you'll have a bubble.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes