Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 51,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ATT SGH-I313 Note 2 bricked/soft brick issues

Tip us?

titostats
Old
(Last edited by titostats; 12th April 2014 at 03:40 AM.) Reason: wanted email notification
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] ATT SGH-I313 Note 2 bricked/soft brick issues

So I have an Att Note 2, which is bricked or soft bricked. I am a very rookie Android guy when it comes to modifying or hacking. I did root my Note 2 with Cyanogenmod. However, I missed S Note and the use of my S Pen so I researched a bit to get back to stock with the use of Odin and stock roms found on the net. I was successful, and actually amazed it worked. Long story short, a few days after that, an OTA update hit my phone, didn't even think about it and began the download. The phone downloaded the update, and rebooted to complete the install. The problem is, during reboot, the phone got stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy Note II" screen. I researched a bit online, and everyone said get to recovery mode and do a few things. Problem is, I can't get into recovery mode, I can only get the screen described above, and the download screen, THAT IS ALL. Looked a bit more online and attempted to flash various stock roms with Odin. Some were successful, Odin passed, and the phone would get stuck on the Note II screen again, and would not boot into recovery mode, same issue with only being able to access download mode. The unsuccessful flash attempts got me to screen informing me that Kies needs to be used to update my firmware. Kies showed a recovery code, which was downloaded, but unsuccessful. It would download all the way, but at the end of install, it would fail. Funny thing is it would work enough to get me back to the ability to get into download mode. I just want my Note 2 working again. Is there any way to wipe my phone completely clean, and start over? Or is there any way to even re-root it, or flash any sort of rom on there, just so I can use the damn thing? I need some help by you pros out there ! Please!

namitneil
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by titostats View Post
So I have an Att Note 2, which is bricked or soft bricked. I am a very rookie Android guy when it comes to modifying or hacking. I did root my Note 2 with Cyanogenmod. However, I missed S Note and the use of my S Pen so I researched a bit to get back to stock with the use of Odin and stock roms found on the net. I was successful, and actually amazed it worked. Long story short, a few days after that, an OTA update hit my phone, didn't even think about it and began the download. The phone downloaded the update, and rebooted to complete the install. The problem is, during reboot, the phone got stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy Note II" screen. I researched a bit online, and everyone said get to recovery mode and do a few things. Problem is, I can't get into recovery mode, I can only get the screen described above, and the download screen, THAT IS ALL. Looked a bit more online and attempted to flash various stock roms with Odin. Some were successful, Odin passed, and the phone would get stuck on the Note II screen again, and would not boot into recovery mode, same issue with only being able to access download mode. The unsuccessful flash attempts got me to screen informing me that Kies needs to be used to update my firmware. Kies showed a recovery code, which was downloaded, but unsuccessful. It would download all the way, but at the end of install, it would fail. Funny thing is it would work enough to get me back to the ability to get into download mode. I just want my Note 2 working again. Is there any way to wipe my phone completely clean, and start over? Or is there any way to even re-root it, or flash any sort of rom on there, just so I can use the damn thing? I need some help by you pros out there ! Please!
Download the latest kies from the samsung website.. and then open tools and then firmware update and initialization.. pull out the battery and type the model number and serial number kies asks.. follow the instructions.. your phone will be fine..

Sent from my GT-N7100

soupysoup
Old
Thanks Meter 1741

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by titostats View Post
Try flashing a recovery for ur device with Odin, not a ROM, just flash twrp recovery with Odin, after u flash the recovery u will be able to access recovery and flash a stock ROM through twrp. I think what happened to u is when u flashed the update it tried to right over the unlocked bootloader which caused the soft brick, try flashing the recovery for ur device and if that doesn't work try the above posters way...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app