Originally Posted by optimusl9
I plug my phone into a USB port.
The first time I did so, an AutoPlay window pops up prompting me to run LGAutoRun.exe. I click to do so.
The LG United Drivers are installed onto my computer great.
But then an AutoPlay window pops up prompting me to run LGAutoRun.exe. I click to do so.
My computer attempts to install MTP USB Driver, but fails. According to Windows, the device is unplugged.
The AutoPlay window reappears. Repeat from the beginning of the paragraph.
What have I done to deserve such trouble, LG?!?!
This works on XP x86
1. LG USB cable that came with the phone,
2. Media Player 10/11 preinstalled,
3. your LG Driver,
3. LG Phone,
4. and Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit (mtppk12.exe)
1. with phone disconnected install Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit
2. when asked to restart the PC, go ahead and restart
3. open device manager, connect phone to PC
4. install driver and watch LGE Android MTP disappear
5. be sure to toggle between Charge and MTP on the phone to install all drivers
this also works for HTC MTP