Ask a question

No registration required

KILLED my HD fire 7"

OP amendolaro1

2nd May 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

219 posts
i was running 7.4.6 and wanted to downgrade to 7.2.3 to get android - followed a tutorial and must of messed up. Kindle now tries to boot but asks if i want to restore to factory or reboot kindle. I ordered a fast boot cable but can someone please help me in the right direction of gettings this going? what should i do next once the FB gets here?
2nd May 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chattanooga
Thanks Meter: 166

232 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wrong section.
2nd May 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #3  
Unknown
Thanks Meter: 316

551 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amendolaro1

i was running 7.4.6 and wanted to downgrade to 7.2.3 to get android - followed a tutorial and must of messed up. Kindle now tries to boot but asks if i want to restore to factory or reboot kindle. I ordered a fast boot cable but can someone please help me in the right direction of gettings this going? what should i do next once the FB gets here?

Technically,you don't need to downgrade the entire system to 7.2.3,only the boot loader. So,a factory reset to stock Amazon is what I would recommend. Then get the OTA update,root it and install the 2nd booltoader and TWRP on it,AFTER you install the 7.2.3 booltoader. There are various ways to do all these. You can use stanga72's FireFlash app,or my Flasher tool,or install them manually.
Good luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread