FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] HTC Butterfly WiFi problem,how to fix?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Htcbutterfly, Junior Member on 30th April 2014, 02:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I bought an HTC butterfly x920d from Taiwan last year, I broke the screen and sent it back to get it fixed. HTC replaced my old phone with a brand new one. This one has a major WiFi problem.It barely connects to a WiFi connection when the signals are quite strong and even in a good WiFi environment it barely shows even one or two signals and I can't use the internet. I performed the soft reset and factory reset twice but the problem is still there. The latest KitKat 4.4 update has made things even worse. Now I can barely connect to my network connection and data. I can barely use 3g, make or receive calls. I cannot send the phone all the way back to Taiwan AGAIN as I live in Pakistan. PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASE help me!

1st May 2014, 12:13 PM |#2  
Flag Hà Nội
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Let try this:
Setting --> wi-fi --> three dots button to go to menu --> wifi direct --> three dots button to go to menu --> Rename device.
Then, change the name to HTC Butterfly or Android_ebb4.

Good luck.
2nd May 2014, 12:28 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Didn't work
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipervn

Let try this:
Setting --> wi-fi --> three dots button to go to menu --> wifi direct --> three dots button to go to menu --> Rename device.
Then, change the name to HTC Butterfly or Android_ebb4.

Good luck.

I tried what you said but didn't work! Anything else I can try? Thank you for your help.
2nd May 2014, 05:32 PM |#4  
Flag Hà Nội
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htcbutterfly

I tried what you said but didn't work! Anything else I can try? Thank you for your help.

Your device have been bought in Taiwan and I guest that it is Taiwanese version (with software version ended by 709). It'd better that you contact to HTC custom services, hope that they could help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)