MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

[Q] Help With Flashing ROMS

2nd May 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi! I have just recently rooted my samsung galaxy s4 i545vruemk2 with saferoot. The main reason i wanted to root my phone was so that i could flash a custom rom, (stock 4.2 jellybean) but i do not know how. The bootloader is unlocked. Also if anyone could refer me to any good stock 4.2 jellybean roms that would be great! Thanks! P.s. i am only 13 years old so this is new to me
2nd May 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Long Beach
Thanks Meter: 45

120 posts
More
If you have the mk2 bootloader you'll only be able to flash custom touchwiz roms. The bootloader on the s4 has yet to be unlocked. I recommend you look up how to install safestrap recovery on YouTube with the mk2 bootloader.

Edit: here is a link for YouTube http://youtu.be/w52kNGUN7ig
This also has links in the description that take you to the XDA post for Hashcode's application which installs safestrap recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Last edited by 65vdub; 2nd May 2014 at 06:11 AM.
2nd May 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Ok. Do you know possibly when or how the bootloader will be unlocked? And what is the difference between a Rom and a touchwiz rom?
2nd May 2014, 11:38 AM   |  #4  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 814

2,395 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicman227

Ok. Do you know possibly when or how the bootloader will be unlocked? And what is the difference between a Rom and a touchwiz rom?

There is a stickie thread in general section you need to read ASAP.

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom
2nd May 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #5  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,673

3,498 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicman227

Bunch of people still looking into the bootloader deal... It's just a daunting task.

For our phones you have two types of ROMs.. Touchwiz based which is any ROM that is based off the stock firmware that came with our phones. And the other is AOSP which are ROMs like Cyanogen, Slim, Liquid etc...

Unless you're on an original Verizon S4 with MDK build and Loki your only option is SafeStrap and TW ROMs.

2nd May 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Ok. Do you have any recommendations of TouchWiz roms I should and can get for my phone?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd May 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #7  
Flag Long Beach
Thanks Meter: 45

120 posts
More
Try hyperdrive, it's a great ROM in terms of stability and customization I'll look for the link right now

Edit: Here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2301724

Last edited by 65vdub; 2nd May 2014 at 04:50 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread