Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony Ericsson MW600

Tip us?

Smask
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajnus View Post
Still not rugged enough (no IP54 protection)

alap1983
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Cool Wil Buy If it Supports Two Phones Simultaneously

The MW600 Seem to be the best choice at a decent price so far. However, I have heard conflicting replies about Simultaneously connecting Two Phones.

How Does The BT Headset manage Two Phones Simultaneously?

Pair With Each Device & Then connect the MAIN (Primary) first & The Secondary afterwards... Correct?
When Listening to Songs On the Primary & Call comes on the Secondary... Will hear a Beep on the BT Headset Correct?
If Listening to Songs on the Secondary & Call comes on the Primary....Will hear a Beep on the BT Headset Correct?

The Caller ID & Track ID were an issue on the Honeycomb.. What about ICS & Above (JB)? Do these Android Version have support for both?

Final Question..

If Talking on a Call on the Primary Or Secondary & Incoming Call comes on the other paired phone.. How Does the BT Headset handle this?

Would be grateful if owners of the device answer these questions. Thanks.

zakirox123
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation sony mw600

hi;

i want to know what is the different between Sony MW600 and Sony Ericsson MW600 please let me know. is the any featurs getting different's. but, i saw that the logo is totally different in Sony MW600 it appears just SONY but, in Sony Ericsson MW600 is appears SONY ERICSSON ?

advance thanking you;
zakirox123

Zappza
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Re: Sony Ericsson MW600

Same product. They have just rebranded.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

kyolic
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have a question to the users of MW600:

Is it possible to receive phone calls while listening to the radio on the device? Or when you are in radio mod, you can only listen to the radio and that is all?

Thanks in advance.

alabamaham
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes it is possible.you can connect two devices at the same time. I listen to music on my tablet, and receive phone calls from my phone. The dame is working with the radio.

Sendt fra min Xperia Arc S

kyolic
Old
(Last edited by kyolic; 1st May 2013 at 12:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamaham View Post
Yes it is possible.you can connect two devices at the same time. I listen to music on my tablet, and receive phone calls from my phone. The dame is working with the radio.

So when you receive a call on your phone while the radio on MW600 is playing, the radio just stops and the call gets transmitted to MW600 and the radio starts playing again when the call is over? Is this how it works?

alabamaham
Old
Thanks Meter 0
When you are playing radio, the ring tone of the mw600 and the radio can be heard at the same time.if you want to take the call you push the answer button on the front of the headset.it's an excellent headset! I use mine a lot!
I don't know if you can pair two phones to receive a call (with out changing on the headset), but you can pair two devices where one is playing music and the other receives phone calls.

Annoymous Man
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default A Late Answer to an Old Question about MW600 A2DP Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinakpas View Post
how so? I tried the mw600 on a Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit with msi dongle and Home Premium 32 bit on laptop and finds no driver for ''Bluetooth Peripheral Device'', on both of them. I updated all drivers and still not working so far... still looking for a solution
Just tried in the past few days about this issue:

MW600 can easily be paired with:

Win7 Professional 64-bit, and
Vista Business 32-bit, but

the A2DP driver cannot be installed automatically, without downloading the Broadcom or other bluetooth drivers, I paired two computers above with a Jabra Street 2 to let the above two OSs loaded automatically the correct A2DP profile and paired again the MW600, and that's it, bingo, I got it working properly with great !

Hope this may help for those still searching the right driver to MW600... all I mean, the profile is already built-in, but the driver installation script to MW600 fails to update the registry properly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
A side issue with bluetooth about old ThinkPads like T41, X31 etc, that the built-in BCM chip works great too with this BlueSoleil driver: IVT 6.2.227.10 though I didn't check it yet if it will expire after 30 days like that Toshiba stack.