Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A few questions/problems

Tip us?

otownmarine
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default A few questions/problems

I posted this in the Hyperdrive thread but thought maybe it should go here since my questions aren't all specific to the ROM..

I did some basic searching this weekend and was unable to find a definitive answer to these questions, and the few answers I DID find did not seem to work in my case, so I apologize if this is repetitive.*

-Wireless does not work for me- based on what I read, this is a kernel issue, and in order for this issue to be resolved, I have to use a different one. That being said, the one I tried installed successfully but the wireless still did not work. Does anyone have a suggested kernel that WOULD work and allow me to utilize my wireless? I'm on an AT*T Go plan so I'm burning through my 4g cap faster than I'd like because I cant get the wireless to take.*

-When I try to set a wallpaper, the home wallpaper works fine, but when I select 'lock screen' wallpaper or the combo of both, it freezes and then TouchWiz crashes.*

-And the most FRUSTRATING issue- and this is not ROM specific, I realize... but this phone when I purchased it(used) was used on Verizon. I was able to unlock/etc and get it to work with the AT&T Go network after manually entering the APN settings..however- any time an inbound call comes in, it puts a '+' in front of the number. The end result is none of my contacts names show because my contacts obviously do not have a '+' prefacing their number. I tried using an app called Prefixer and set up a rule for it but that did nothing, and I verified country etc is set correctly..does anyone have any clue why this is happening? Very frustrating.*

otownmarine
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump...anyone? Am I in the wrong place maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by otownmarine View Post
I posted this in the Hyperdrive thread but thought maybe it should go here since my questions aren't all specific to the ROM..

I did some basic searching this weekend and was unable to find a definitive answer to these questions, and the few answers I DID find did not seem to work in my case, so I apologize if this is repetitive.*

-Wireless does not work for me- based on what I read, this is a kernel issue, and in order for this issue to be resolved, I have to use a different one. That being said, the one I tried installed successfully but the wireless still did not work. Does anyone have a suggested kernel that WOULD work and allow me to utilize my wireless? I'm on an AT*T Go plan so I'm burning through my 4g cap faster than I'd like because I cant get the wireless to take.*

-When I try to set a wallpaper, the home wallpaper works fine, but when I select 'lock screen' wallpaper or the combo of both, it freezes and then TouchWiz crashes.*

-And the most FRUSTRATING issue- and this is not ROM specific, I realize... but this phone when I purchased it(used) was used on Verizon. I was able to unlock/etc and get it to work with the AT&T Go network after manually entering the APN settings..however- any time an inbound call comes in, it puts a '+' in front of the number. The end result is none of my contacts names show because my contacts obviously do not have a '+' prefacing their number. I tried using an app called Prefixer and set up a rule for it but that did nothing, and I verified country etc is set correctly..does anyone have any clue why this is happening? Very frustrating.*

ammjr71
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by otownmarine View Post
This is about the only thing I do have an answer for... there is an app called Contacts Optimizer that will allow you to do a mass edit and add the leading + if you're interested in doing that... might help with this issue... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lson.optimizer

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1,274
I answered your first two questions in the hyperdrive thread

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4 HTC One Max
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery HTC PowerFlip
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass S-OFF & Relocked
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script FlyKernel
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4 Adrenaline Sense 6
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar