Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,664 Members 42,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] KFHD2013(KFSOWI)11.3.2.2 Complete Backup is possible?

Tip us?
 
aplog
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Question [Q] KFHD2013(KFSOWI)11.3.2.2 Complete Backup is possible?

Hello,

please excuse my bad english, i give my best and i hope somebody can understand me.

First of all i have to say thanks for all the work that everyone here does for persons like me, persons without understanding how an computer, handy, tablet, and so on works.

I hope my question is simple to answer, unfortunally i am a little bit confused about the many versions of the kindle fire and i dont know what tutorial is the right for my device.

I rootet my Kindle Fire HD 7" 2013 (KFSOWI) 11.3.2.2 and installed SU. Works perfect.

Now i want make a complete backup of the device in this state to restore "in case of emergency".

A complete image of all "partitions", apps, everthing. Is this possible?

If yes, how?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

aplog
 
stunts513
Old
#2  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 605
Posts: 2,207
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Braunfels, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplog View Post
Hello,

please excuse my bad english, i give my best and i hope somebody can understand me.

First of all i have to say thanks for all the work that everyone here does for persons like me, persons without understanding how an computer, handy, tablet, and so on works.

I hope my question is simple to answer, unfortunally i am a little bit confused about the many versions of the kindle fire and i dont know what tutorial is the right for my device.

I rootet my Kindle Fire HD 7" 2013 (KFSOWI) 11.3.2.2 and installed SU. Works perfect.

Now i want make a complete backup of the device in this state to restore "in case of emergency".

A complete image of all "partitions", apps, everthing. Is this possible?

If yes, how?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

aplog
surpisingly the answer is no. You can backup the recovery partition and the bootimg but thats about it, the system partition is bigger than the ammount of ram the kindle has, and fastboot stores the image in the ram when flashing, luckily theres a utility that can restore your kindle if it bricks, it flashes a smaller system image first thats incomplete but has enough thtere to get adb shell access, then pushes a amazon ota onto the device and forces it to update thus providing you with the full os.
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
 
darskiba
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default Help me out?

Hey man. Sorry this isn't an answer to your question. But how did you root your 11.3.2.2? Im just having the worst time trying to find out how. If you'd answer this, you'd have my many thanks.
 
stunts513
Old
#4  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 605
Posts: 2,207
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Braunfels, TX

 
DONATE TO ME
I thought the old method involving a fastboot cable worked. If not try downgrading the os and rooting it.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
 
kennethac
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 33
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplog View Post
Hello,

please excuse my bad english, i give my best and i hope somebody can understand me.

First of all i have to say thanks for all the work that everyone here does for persons like me, persons without understanding how an computer, handy, tablet, and so on works.

I hope my question is simple to answer, unfortunally i am a little bit confused about the many versions of the kindle fire and i dont know what tutorial is the right for my device.

I rootet my Kindle Fire HD 7" 2013 (KFSOWI) 11.3.2.2 and installed SU. Works perfect.

Now i want make a complete backup of the device in this state to restore "in case of emergency".

A complete image of all "partitions", apps, everthing. Is this possible?

If yes, how?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

aplog
what method you used to root 11.3.2.2?? Nothing has worked for me
 
aplog
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
surpisingly the answer is no. You can backup the recovery partition and the bootimg but thats about it, the system partition is bigger than the ammount of ram the kindle has, and fastboot stores the image in the ram when flashing, luckily theres a utility that can restore your kindle if it bricks, it flashes a smaller system image first thats incomplete but has enough thtere to get adb shell access, then pushes a amazon ota onto the device and forces it to update thus providing you with the full os.
A little bit late, but thank you very much!
If there is a possible way, so i will try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darskiba View Post
Hey man. Sorry this isn't an answer to your question. But how did you root your 11.3.2.2? Im just having the worst time trying to find out how. If you'd answer this, you'd have my many thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethac View Post
what method you used to root 11.3.2.2?? Nothing has worked for me
I used this german tutorial, but it is only a german explanation of a xda-developers thread.

http://www.android-hilfe.de/amazon-k...1-3-2-2-a.html

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50985251

Its the downgrading method with factory cable, without factory cable it will not work.
To make this cable is not really difficult, so try it.
Hope you understand me.
 
LinearEquation
Old
#7  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 404
Posts: 1,688
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Midwest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethac View Post
what method you used to root 11.3.2.2?? Nothing has worked for me
Link to root in my signature.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
[ROOT] 2013 KFHD7 Soho firmware 11.x.x.x (no camera)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44736&page=101 If needed contact @GranPC for an updated Firerooter.
[Root] 2012 KFHD7 Tate http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
2nd [Bootloader]/[TWRP] KFHD7 Tate
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128848
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2271909
KFHD7 Tate System Restore Tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes