Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 50,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trade in M8 for S5

Tip us?

Sim-X
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by regalpimpin View Post
For a couple of years now the radios have been identical.. They're both using the built in qualcomm. Ever since the lte phones first started coming out. The exception would have been back when sprints 4g phones were wimax. And at that time, htc's were actually much much better then samsungs. Samsung was known for having bad radios.
I should say radio performance has always been better on Samsung. My m7 compared to a GS4 or Note 3 the Samsung usually would have a lower dBm where my m7 would cut out the Samsung would hold an LTE signal better. The m8 has been much better than my m7 but I have never preferred radio performance on an HTC device versus a Samsung. Not to say I don't prefer HTC over Samsung. I have never liked the Galaxy phones, not to say they are not a nice phone.

mswlogo
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
I should say radio performance has always been better on Samsung. My m7 compared to a GS4 or Note 3 the Samsung usually would have a lower dBm where my m7 would cut out the Samsung would hold an LTE signal better. The m8 has been much better than my m7 but I have never preferred radio performance on an HTC device versus a Samsung. Not to say I don't prefer HTC over Samsung. I have never liked the Galaxy phones, not to say they are not a nice phone.
Keep in mind that the S5 has the same TriBand Qualcomm Chip and Radio as the M8 and probably very similar firmware as well.

I suspect a "Working" M8 will run very similar to an S5.

Granted some M8's are not working correctly.

It's also extremely painful to get an M8 swapped out if you are over 14 days.

I had an S5 in my hands and brought home but stupid BestBuy sales clerk sold me a Verizon. In that time span I decided I prefer stay with the Devil I Know and got another M8.

If you are under 14days and you are having Network issues on an M8. SWAP IT OUT IMMEDIATELY.

New M8 is night and day working better. But I am very worried long term how it will hold up.
Samsung Galaxy S5 with R.O.D.T