OP kafepuya

2nd May 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 94

329 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm looking for a flashable zip of 174.44.1. I'm on the latest stock, rooted firmware but my phone is really slow lately. I want to flash the stock firmware, rather than do a factory reset, so I can keep root.

I did a search, and found a thread with the OTA, but I'm hesitant of flashing it, as the file is only 10mb.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the file I am looking g for, if it exists?

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd May 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 161

603 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafepuya

I'm looking for a flashable zip of 174.44.1. I'm on the latest stock, rooted firmware but my phone is really slow lately. I want to flash the stock firmware, rather than do a factory reset, so I can keep root.

I did a search, and found a thread with the OTA, but I'm hesitant of flashing it, as the file is only 10mb.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the file I am looking g for, if it exists?

You cannot flash the firmware using custom recovery.. Why because during the flashing process, all recoveries, system data, etc needs to be deleted.. That's y..

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to padhu1989 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 94

329 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for replying. I didn't know I wasn't possible to flash stock firmware with a custom recovery.

This is my first Motorola device, all prior devices have been Samsung. For my last one (SGS 3), there were stock flashable zips I could use to return to stock, and some of the stock zips even let you keep root.

I wanted a flashable zip because I will be on the road for the weekend. I guess I will use the Moto G tool to return to stock once I get back home.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread