Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,223 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung has best custom rom support?

Tip us?

andacro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Samsung has best custom rom support?

Will buy either S5 or Z2. The Z2 is more tempting but are custom roms for the S5 more bugfree?

Sambianer
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hola.

I dont think S5 roms are more bug free, but i guess there will be a bigger pool, of different romīs, because S5 is more popular, than Z2.

So i would personally go for the S5, its the top model, and have many features. Plus it will get up to date in the future, with android versions. Perhaps you will flash custom romīs
The Following User Says Thank You to Sambianer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dNjeL
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i agree

andacro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Thanks

It's between 3GB and 2GB RAM, 20Mpx and 16Mpx. The S5 has a back cover that can be opened which is nice. Had a Motorola with that which was also waterproof.

I don't play games so I guess 2GB RAM is more than enough?

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andacro View Post
Will buy either S5 or Z2. The Z2 is more tempting but are custom roms for the S5 more bugfree?

bugfree depends on the rom. BUT Samsung has KNOX. At the moment latest Samsung models lose warranty non restorable if you root/modify the rom
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]