Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Anyone capable of unlocking bootloader R800x?

OP AchillesNo1

2nd May 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScriptKitty

To Flash the Wifi Modules you need to enter the Recovery, here is how you do it:

[How to enter Recovery]

  1. Entry key is the BACK button
  2. There are multiple notifications to tell you when to press the entry key:
    • LED will light up to BLUE
    • The phone will vibrate when its waiting for keypress
  3. Thats it you should now enter DoomKernel Custom Recovery

[How to use/navigate in recovery]
  • BACK button to GO BACK
  • SEARCH button to SELECT
  • HOME button to GO UP
  • MENU button to GO DOWN

[How to Flash any .zip file]
  1. Select "install zip from sdcard"
  2. Select "chose zip from sdcard"
  3. Find the .zip file that you want to Flash and selected
  4. Click "Yes - Install..."
  5. Wait until it finishes, Reboot and enjoy
This applies to any .zip file(ROM,Mod,Module)

I turned off the phone and held the back button and all I got was a green LED...
2nd May 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #12  
TheScriptKitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 193
 
264 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchillesNo1

I turned off the phone and held the back button and all I got was a green LED...

You do not have to hold the Back Button you need to press it multiple times(As it boots up).

BTW you are using DoomKernel Version 3, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScriptKitty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScriptKitty

You do not have to hold the Back Button you need to press it multiple times(As it boots up).

BTW you are using DoomKernel Version 3, right?

Oh no! I am using v2
What does this mean? If it means I have to get v3, I think I may want to use what you have, LuPuS instead since it seems more popular. I also feel it is more easier. But I am so confused with what .FTF files are, kernels, and ROMs. I'd like to just be able to use the new 4.1.2 jellybean rom and have it completely working with overclock, but that seems impossible..
2nd May 2014, 06:32 AM   |  #14  
TheScriptKitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 193
 
264 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchillesNo1

Oh no! I am using v2
What does this mean? If it means I have to get v3, I think I may want to use what you have, LuPuS instead since it seems more popular. I also feel it is more easier. But I am so confused with what .FTF files are, kernels, and ROMs. I'd like to just be able to use the new 4.1.2 jellybean rom and have it completely working with overclock, but that seems impossible..

Okay, first the way you enter the Costume Recovery on both Doomkernel V2 and V3 should be about the same.
FTF stands for Flash Tool Firmware(or Flash Tool File) they can be both Official Firmwares or Costume Kernels.
The Kernel(.img or .ftf) is basically whats between the Hardware and the Software(the OS and applications)
And the ROM can be described as the Operating System.

If you want you could use what I use:
Lupus Kernel Version 13 and Racing SPEED EDITION EOL ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScriptKitty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScriptKitty

Okay, first the way you enter the Costume Recovery on both Doomkernel V2 and V3 should be about the same.
FTF stands for Flash Tool Firmware(or Flash Tool File) they can be both Official Firmwares or Costume Kernels.
The Kernel(.img or .ftf) is basically whats between the Hardware and the Software(the OS and applications)
And the ROM can be described as the Operating System.

If you want you could use what I use:
Lupus Kernel Version 13 and Racing SPEED EDITION EOL ROM


Well, I think I just messedu p big time... So frustrating. Now I put LuPuS 480 v8 on it and it is stuck in a bootloop... Is there anyway to fix this?
2nd May 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #16  
TheScriptKitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 193
 
264 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchillesNo1

Well, I think I just messedu p big time... So frustrating. Now I put LuPuS 480 v8 on it and it is stuck in a bootloop... Is there anyway to fix this?

Just Flash a Costume ROM
Last edited by TheScriptKitty; 2nd May 2014 at 06:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScriptKitty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScriptKitty

Just Flash a Costume ROM

Oh ok, so how do I flash the Racing Speed Edition one?
I downloaded it.
2nd May 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #18  
TheScriptKitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 193
 
264 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchillesNo1

Oh ok, so how do I flash the Racing Speed Edition one?
I downloaded it.

I'm guessing that you downloaded the ROM to your computer, in that case you have to move it to your phone's MicroSD Card. There are two way of doing this(Since you are stuck on a bootloop), the first is to remove the MicroSD Card from your phone and use a MicroSD Card Adapter to move the ROM from your PC to the MicroSD Card. The other way would be to enter the Recovery(while its powering on press the Voulume- Button Multiple times) and mounting it.

Once you have the ROM on your Phone's MicroSD Card you can flash it by selecting "intall zip from sdcard"(In the Costume Recovery)
Last edited by TheScriptKitty; 4th May 2014 at 08:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScriptKitty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #19  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScriptKitty

I'm guessing that you downloaded the ROM to your computer, in that case you have to move it to your phone's MicroSD Card. There are two way of doing this(Since you are stuck on a bootloop), the first is to remove the MicroSD Card from your phone and use a MicroSD Card Adapter to move the ROM from your PC to the MicroSD Card. The other way would be to enter the Recovery(while its powering on press the Back Button Multiple times) and mounting it.

Once you have the ROM on your Phone's MicroSD Card you can flash it by selecting "intall zip from sdcard"(In the Costume Recovery)

Ok sweet, I've learned how to do the custom kernel and recovery. I'm almost done asking you a ton of questions (I appreciate you a ton, I tried looking through guides and was severely confused since this is my first Android altogether). Now I ultimately decided on using Doom Kernel because it comes with CWM, which is nice. However, are there any roms with 4.1.2 that work with Doom Kernel? Upon looking I didn't find any in the rom area.
2nd May 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #20  
TheScriptKitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 193
 
264 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchillesNo1

Ok sweet, I've learned how to do the custom kernel and recovery. I'm almost done asking you a ton of questions (I appreciate you a ton, I tried looking through guides and was severely confused since this is my first Android altogether). Now I ultimately decided on using Doom Kernel because it comes with CWM, which is nice. However, are there any roms with 4.1.2 that work with Doom Kernel? Upon looking I didn't find any in the rom area.

I think DoomKernel is only compatible with GB and ICS ROMs, if you want to get JB you need to use Lupus Kernel or Turbo Kernel. IDK why the Recovery would be important but Lupus Kernel also has CWM Recovery(All Costume Kernels have some type of Costume Recovery).

EDIT:
In Lupus Kernel you can chose what Recovery to use(CWM or TWRP)
Last edited by TheScriptKitty; 2nd May 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes