Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Boot loop on certain KitKat Roms

Tip us?

superdusto
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Boot loop on certain KitKat Roms

A couple of months back I was using Carbon 4.4 on my phone. I realized that I grabbed the wrong model number and install an galaxy s3.
Everything was working fine for a while before I knew that I messed up. Then one day app started messing up and that when I saw that it was wrong. I tried flashing the Note 2 version of the ROM and got stuck in a boot loop. Which resulted in a battery pull and booting back into recovery. Only SlimKat has worked for me now. Carbon, Liquid Smooth, Pac Man don't work. They all get stuck in booting image and spin forever.

Is there anything I can do to get these roms working again?

superdusto
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdusto View Post
A couple of months back I was using Carbon 4.4 on my phone. I realized that I grabbed the wrong model number and install an galaxy s3.
Everything was working fine for a while before I knew that I messed up. Then one day app started messing up and that when I saw that it was wrong. I tried flashing the Note 2 version of the ROM and got stuck in a boot loop. Which resulted in a battery pull and booting back into recovery. Only SlimKat has worked for me now. Carbon, Liquid Smooth, Pac Man don't work. They all get stuck in booting image and spin forever.

Is there anything I can do to get these roms working again?
Would flashing it to stock via odin fix any errors I might have created?

JeramyEggs
Old
Thanks Meter 412
Yeah, typically if you Odin back to stock, and reroot. Choose the correct package though, don't want 4.3 Odin, or you end up locked tight.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
From my fingers to the group consciousness that is xda

superdusto
Old
(Last edited by superdusto; 2nd May 2014 at 10:16 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeramyEggs View Post
Yeah, typically if you Odin back to stock, and reroot. Choose the correct package though, don't want 4.3 Odin, or you end up locked tight.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Do you have a recommended one?