Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Help installing new rom for xperia ion

OP junezu

30th April 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hi to all,,

I new here in this site and am planning to modify my Xperia ION LT28H with PureION Kitkat feeling.

Can you please help me to modify my phone step by step cause am kinda scared to brick my phone and this is my first time to do modification.

Model Number: LT28H
Version: 4.1.2
Build No.: 6.2.B.0.211

I really appreciate your help guys...


sorry for not good in english.

tmany thanks,,,
30th April 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #2  
Ben Ling's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 8,098
 
4,234 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by junezu

Hi to all,,

I new here in this site and am planning to modify my Xperia ION LT28H with PureION Kitkat feeling.

Can you please help me to modify my phone step by step cause am kinda scared to brick my phone and this is my first time to do modification.

Model Number: LT28H
Version: 4.1.2
Build No.: 6.2.B.0.211

I really appreciate your help guys...


sorry for not good in english.

tmany thanks,,,

First,you will need to root your phone over here

Then if you want to install 4.4.2 ROM,you will need to backup TA here

Last,unlock the bootloader,visit here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2242749

Then you can find many roms over here http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-s/s-development
30th April 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #3  
Mirhawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 177
 
466 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling

First,you will need to root your phone over here
Then if you want to install 4.4.2 ROM,you will need to backup TA here
Last,unlock the bootloader,visit here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2242749
Then you can find many roms over here http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-s/s-development

The user wants a rooting method for Sony Xperia Ion of build number 6.2.B.0.211 , not Sony Xperia S/SL of build number 6.2.B.1.96 and ROM's for Sony Xperia Ion, not Sony Xperia S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junezu

Hi to all,,
I new here in this site and am planning to modify my Xperia ION LT28H with PureION Kitkat feeling.
Can you please help me to modify my phone step by step cause am kinda scared to brick my phone and this is my first time to do modification.
Model Number: LT28H
Version: 4.1.2
Build No.: 6.2.B.0.211
I really appreciate your help guys...
sorry for not good in english.
tmany thanks,,,

You can root using this link : [S/Ion/AcroS][ROOT] DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit (v17){perf_event exploit}
You can find different ROM's for Sony Xperia Ion here: Xperia ion Android Development
Rest all of Previous users post and links are correct.
Last edited by Mirhawk; 30th April 2014 at 03:20 PM.
30th April 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #4  
Ben Ling's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 8,098
 
4,234 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk

The user wants a rooting method for Sony Xperia Ion of build number 6.2.B.0.211 , not Sony Xperia S/SL of build number 6.2.B.1.96 and ROM's for Sony Xperia Ion, not Sony Xperia S.



You can root using this link : [S/Ion/AcroS][ROOT] DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit (v17){perf_event exploit}
You can find different ROM's for Sony Xperia Ion here: Xperia ion Android Development
Rest all of Previous users post and links are correct.

opps given the wrong link
1st May 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk

The user wants a rooting method for Sony Xperia Ion of build number 6.2.B.0.211 , not Sony Xperia S/SL of build number 6.2.B.1.96 and ROM's for Sony Xperia Ion, not Sony Xperia S.



You can root using this link : [S/Ion/AcroS][ROOT] DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit (v17){perf_event exploit}
You can find different ROM's for Sony Xperia Ion here: Xperia ion Android Development
Rest all of Previous users post and links are correct.

Come on guys dont let me confuse, I already rooted the phone but cannot install the rom...
2nd May 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by junezu

Come on guys dont let me confuse, I already rooted the phone but cannot install the rom...

well after all guide i try, got my LT28H blank screen, not powering on and only i got red light when wall charge or pc charge
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes