Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Verizon VS98012B, Rooted, used FreeGee, now BRICKED!?!

Tip us?

droidrev71
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by xemnas18 View Post
So the phone's about a month old, maybe more. I don't think your situation is the same as everyone else's here. The reason the manual method didn't work for you is because those img files are not loki patched for 12b. You would have to push twrp.lok and loki flash with adb in order for the manual method to work for you. (Those files are here).

Shelnutt is the developer of freegee and he did say that he pulled 12b support from freegee so I don't know how you were using it.
My phone is three months old and bit the bullet just like others. That's just what makes this whole thing so crazy.
Nexus 7, Nexus 7 2013
Verizon HTC ONE M8 (s-off)
ONEPLUS ONE
Verizon Black LG G3
3 Chromecast

spinninbsod
Old
Thanks Meter 59
does anybody know if thistock is still a problem with 12b is it safe to reinstall recovery lol had to flash back to stock

spinninbsod
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt2 View Post
Would you mind dumping your aboot, boot, recovery, and sbl1 for me? I would like to see what it is about these new phones.

I've completely disabled 12b support for now fyi.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
is this still a problem with 12b i tried it on 11a it said not supported unrooted took ota it doesent give a not supported error but am afraid to do it if this is still an ongoing issue

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 1544
Can you use the hardware keys to get into recovery?

Sent from my VS980 4G

inkstained
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same scenario...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt2 View Post
No, the zips it downloads are signed, so if it's a corrupt download it won't pass sig check of the zip file, and it won't process it.

People have used freegee on 12b for months with no issues. I'm baffled why all of sudden in the last 24hours it seems several people have run into issues with twrp. I've disabled twrp for now until we figure out what the actual issue is.

Freegee itself does not alter anything except the recovery partition when installing a recovery on Verizon 12b. And it wipes and flashes the recovery partition in the same action. The boot stack is not touch, nor is any part of the system/boot partitions touched.

The fact that no one's device shows up in qhusb mode in windows means no one is bricked. No one's device is in bulk mode either, so the devices should be able to boot normal, or boot into download mode.

Nothing has changed with freegee in the last 24 hours, besides a beta build I pushed to the beta channel of the playstore. No one is running the beta currently according to google though.

Were you guys running anything else besides a pure stock rom? How did everyone root?
I'm having issues ...Haven't had the phone two weeks, Rooted with ioroot and purchased freegee. The OTA came through in spite of me not allowing it. I was running stock rom. Now all I get is either the LG screen and pulsing green light or TWRP Recovery. No backup files or anything... I can get into download mode though...I know I'm new to this device and don't know what I'm doing...Can someone please help???

xemnas18
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkstained View Post
I'm having issues ...Haven't had the phone two weeks, Rooted with ioroot and purchased freegee. The OTA came through in spite of me not allowing it. I was running stock rom. Now all I get is either the LG screen and pulsing green light or TWRP Recovery. No backup files or anything... I can get into download mode though...I know I'm new to this device and don't know what I'm doing...Can someone please help???
Use this guide to go back to stock and then start over again. This time make sure you freeze ota's with titanium backup (or just flash a rom that has ota's removed). Warning though, that guide will wipe your internal sd card. It will be like you just got the phone from the factory, but it should fix your problem and give you a fresh start.

BriVG
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Freegee has issues with 12B from what I've read. I would go with flashing TWRP 2.7 through the Flashify app to be safe

Sent from my VS980 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to BriVG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boulder2016
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidrev71 View Post
Has anyone seen issues with recovery manually being installed?
Yes I did that the other day and did the OTA update, very dumb of me...