Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,850 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Settings change by themselves

Tip us?

sachilleas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Default [Q] Settings change by themselves

It started as a weird feeling. I thought that I had just forgotten that I had changed a setting or two. But now I am certain that the phone changes some settings by itself.
Knock on keeps turning off by itself . I did also enable led notifications a couple of hours ago only to find them turned off now , after I plugged in my device (I didn't see the red light when I locked the screen). I am completely stock . I haven't received the latest OTA update though. Do I need to see a shrink or something strange is going on with the phone's software ?

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachilleas View Post
It started as a weird feeling. I thought that I had just forgotten that I had changed a setting or two. But now I am certain that the phone changes some settings by itself.
Knock on keeps turning off by itself . I did also enable led notifications a couple of hours ago only to find them turned off now , after I plugged in my device (I didn't see the red light when I locked the screen). I am completely stock . I haven't received the latest OTA update though. Do I need to see a shrink or something strange is going on with the phone's software ?
I suggest you get an exorcist for your phone immediately, anyways all joking aside did this just begin or has it been happening for a while now, have you installed any weird apps/modules(if rooted), as a last resort you can backup apps(via carbon if not rooted or titanium backup if you are rooted) and music/videos/pictures to your pc and factory resetting to see if the issue persist
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sachilleas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
I suggest you get an exorcist for your phone immediately, anyways all joking aside did this just begin or has it been happening for a while now, have you installed any weird apps/modules(if rooted), as a last resort you can backup apps(via carbon if not rooted or titanium backup if you are rooted) and music/videos/pictures to your pc and factory resetting to see if the issue persist
Thank you once again for you answers. I have the phone 3-4 days as I wrote to you in the other thread ! It has been happening from day one. I am completely stock , no root , no nothing. I don't want to hard reset but it may be obligatory in this case.