Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Find 7a won't boot after Update

OP Gamingmayr

30th April 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #1  
I just got my Find 7a today and it said there is an OTA availible. I downloaded and flased it and now I am stuck in a boot loop. I tried clearing Cache and Data in Oppo's Recovery but still no success - no boot. Always the black Oppo logo. What can I do to get my phone working again?

[EDIT]
Ok - I found 2 solutions.
1) A link to the stock ColorOS 1.2 was posted on Oppos forum (haven't tried this one yet) http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/ho...find-7a.12660/
2) I flashed the Beta for ColorOS 2. It works, but is clearly still in beta. Download also on Oppo forum http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/fi...0i-beta.11926/
Last edited by Gamingmayr; 1st May 2014 at 06:30 PM.
1st May 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 382

1,823 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamingmayr

I just got my Find 7a today and it said there is an OTA availible. I downloaded and flased it and now I am stuck in a boot loop. I tried clearing Cache and Data in Oppo's Recovery but still no success - no boot. Always the black Oppo logo. What can I do to get my phone working again?

I feel for ya! I guess I'm happy now that the OTA won't flash on my device. I'm new to Oppo, so I'm not sure what you could do besides pushing the entire factory image via adb and flashing in stock recovery. But, I'm not sure where to get the entire image... How about color OS 2.0 beta?
1st May 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 183

1,395 posts
Did you try factory reset? You are likely aware that all your data will be gone after that.
1st May 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #4  
Problem solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromovin

I feel for ya! I guess I'm happy now that the OTA won't flash on my device. I'm new to Oppo, so I'm not sure what you could do besides pushing the entire factory image via adb and flashing in stock recovery. But, I'm not sure where to get the entire image... How about color OS 2.0 beta?

I finally tried the Color OS 2 beta and it worked. The system boots now but since it is a beta it still needs some work... It's not perfect but at least better than a phone in bootloop.
Thanks
3rd May 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bloomington, MN
Thanks Meter: 18

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromovin

But, I'm not sure where to get the entire image... How about color OS 2.0 beta?

If you go to the Oppo Forums under the ColorOS section there is a thread called "Download ColorOS." Right now the only two downloads are the ones the OP posted but I thought I'd throw that out there in case they add an updated ColorOS 2.0.

-Sent from my Sega CD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread