Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 53,855 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocked Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S5

Tip us?

T33H00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Unlocked Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S5

I bought a Galaxy S5 (Tmobile) and Unlocked it, flash new ROM. if for some reasons, Tmobile blocked the IMEI, am I still able to use it because its unlocked?
Im asking this because I bought it off from Craiglists.

Richcar
Old
Thanks Meter 179
I am just curious why would t-mobile block the ime.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

T33H00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
i afraid they may in the future because of someone not making payment

risestar2
Old
Thanks Meter 12
If you didn't pay for the device and they blacklisted the IMEI, you will not likely be able to use it on either AT&T or T-Mobile as they have been said to share blacklist databases. You will likely only be able to use it internationally. Unlocking it doesn't matter, if it is blacklisted, it wont register on the network and you wont be able to use it.

gibrannz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by risestar2 View Post
If you didn't pay for the device and they blacklisted the IMEI, you will not likely be able to use it on either AT&T or T-Mobile as they have been said to share blacklist databases. You will likely only be able to use it internationally. Unlocking it doesn't matter, if it is blacklisted, it wont register on the network and you wont be able to use it.
of course you can use a blacklisted t-mobile phone on at&t network without any problems. just unlock it, insert your sim card and there. i have personally used them on at&t.