Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to root?

OP mossman90

2nd May 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I've tried Kingo.com and it won't do anything with my device I don't know what else to do I'm still running 4.3 Can someone please help me
2nd May 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 46

133 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossman90

I've tried Kingo.com and it won't do anything with my device I don't know what else to do I'm still running 4.3 Can someone please help me

Search vroot. It should take care of you. Same concerns as kingo.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to aerichards1977 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 42

130 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossman90

you could try an older version of kingo. 1.1.6 is what worked for me. I posted a link to my dropbox folder in the q & a thread where someone asked for it. I have heard vroot for other folks, but I never tried it.
3rd May 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #4  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,008

3,315 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniecal

if kingo dont wortk then try to use kitkat if it support on your phone. then you can easily root your phone. kitkat is must helpful apps.

KitKat can't be rooted, you have to install a rooted KK ROM through an already rooted device in SafeStrap then install the firmware with Odin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladyscoleman

4.3 built in is better then KK. Most of app are not compatible with KK like ISIS wallet, Tap to Pay

I have 124 user apps installed and every one of them works fine. You say most apps aren't compatible, can you please list which ones don't work for you?
Last edited by airmaxx23; 3rd May 2014 at 12:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #5  
Flag Malvern
Thanks Meter: 48

283 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

KitKat can't be rooted, you have to install KK through an already rooted device in SafeStrap then install the firmware with Odin.

I have 124 user apps installed and every one of them works fine. You say most apps aren't compatible, can you please list which ones don't work for you?

This is not 100% accurate. You flash a ROOTED kitkat in SafeStrap and then flash the proper kernels and such in Odin. You are not flashing the full firmware using Odin.
3rd May 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #6  
Flag Colton, NY

3,315 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskader

This is not 100% accurate. You flash a ROOTED kitkat in SafeStrap and then flash the proper kernels and such in Odin. You are not flashing the full firmware using Odin.

I see what you're saying but I was just giving a brief rundown, I'm going to edit it though. According to Beans you're flashing the firmware in odin, this is taken from this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...84&postcount=2

Quote:

Step- 6 - Flash NC2 Firmware/Bootloader Package check auto reboot in Odin

Last edited by airmaxx23; 3rd May 2014 at 12:41 AM.
3rd May 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #7  
Flag Malvern
Thanks Meter: 48

283 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23

I see what you're saying but I was just giving a brief rundown, I'm going to edit it though. According to Beans you're flashing the firmware in odin, this is taken from this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...84&postcount=2

The file you are flashing is 76MB. No Note 3 firmware is 76MB. You are flashing a kernel, modem and bootloader that are not included with the SafeStrap flash.
3rd May 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #8  
Flag Colton, NY

3,315 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskader

The file you are flashing is 76MB. No Note 3 firmware is 76MB. You are flashing a kernel, modem and bootloader that are not included with the SafeStrap flash.

...which he is calling firmware in his instructions. You could ask him why he's calling it that. I realize what it is I'm just posting it the way his instructions have it and most people here have been calling it to keep things separated.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread