Ask a question

No registration required

FM Radio <wish>

OP Skorp62

26th April 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Well, have my 7a for 24 hours now - nice piece of work and was already rooted.
I noticed my apps doesn't have a music player or an FM Radio app.
I'm not too concerned about the music app because I prefer third party anyways (as long as Maxx audio will work with them).

I wasn't too surprised to not see a radio app either, about half the specs sites said it had it and the other half said it didn't. So, I guess the main question is whether or not the hardware is present. Some experts say it's present and on the standard bluetooth chip. If it is really present, I hope someone can add it to a ROM.
3rd May 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bloomington, MN
Thanks Meter: 18

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorp62

Well, have my 7a for 24 hours now - nice piece of work and was already rooted.
I noticed my apps doesn't have a music player or an FM Radio app.
I'm not too concerned about the music app because I prefer third party anyways (as long as Maxx audio will work with them).

I wasn't too surprised to not see a radio app either, about half the specs sites said it had it and the other half said it didn't. So, I guess the main question is whether or not the hardware is present. Some experts say it's present and on the standard bluetooth chip. If it is really present, I hope someone can add it to a ROM.

As far as I know the FM tuner is built into the bluetooth chip. I tried Spirit FM which is the only third party FM tuner app that supports non-Motorola devices to my knowledge. Unfortunately it was a no-go. I have emailed the developer to see if he can add support for the Find 7/7a. I read in some Find 5 forums that this app was working for that device. I'll let you know what I hear back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Ames For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread