Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Wifi issues

OP j4gz

30th April 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

92 posts
Hi every place I connect to with wifi I never get a stable connection the wifi connects when sat close or next to the hub and as soon as I go away about 1 metre I lose the connection or it is very poor . Could this be a issue with the modem on the phone or is there a menu to get it boosted in any way . I'm on 4.2.2. Rooted Mdc Mf9

Also I would like to know that if I use the temporary unroot on superuser and then update the ota system update on the phone will this work ? To get the latest update .
2nd May 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

92 posts
Such a fantastic response I am so overwhelmed with the amount of help and feedback really appreciate all the help and advice .......
2nd May 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #3  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,252

2,291 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4gz

Hi every place I connect to with wifi I never get a stable connection the wifi connects when sat close or next to the hub and as soon as I go away about 1 metre I lose the connection or it is very poor . Could this be a issue with the modem on the phone or is there a menu to get it boosted in any way . I'm on 4.2.2. Rooted Mdc Mf9

Also I would like to know that if I use the temporary unroot on superuser and then update the ota system update on the phone will this work ? To get the latest update .

Sorry everyone is not responding to you immediately. They must have forgotten that they're here to answer your questions.
You say you're on MDC with MF 9. I'm just guessing MDC is your baseband NM9 night is the ROM.
Are you by chance on a different carrier?
If you really want the latest your best bet is Odin NAE tar.
Or at least update the modem to nae. Check the development section for the firmware for that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd May 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

92 posts
hi thanks for the reply i am currently in the uk not in the states and my provider is EE and the phone is unlocked to accept ant sim and rooted, baseband is MDC and the rom I believe is MF9, as in my previous post its the wifi issues that are causing the problem here and also constant drop out of signal so would you recommend that i move over to NAE also will i lose root ??
2nd May 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #5  

2,291 posts
More
Quote:

hi thanks for the reply i am currently in the uk not in the states and my provider is EE and the phone is unlocked to accept ant sim and rooted, baseband is MDC and the rom I believe is MF9, as in my previous post its the wifi issues that are causing the problem here and also constant drop out of signal so would you recommend that i move over to NAE also will i lose root ??

If you just update the Modem/Firmware you won't lose root but I can't say for sure if you'll have carrier issues.
Have you tried updating your PRL?
3rd May 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

92 posts
Sorry what is PRL.?
3rd May 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #7  

2,291 posts
More
Quote:

Sorry what is PRL.?

Preferred Roaming List.

Settings>System Updates>Update PRL

But really, you might need to spend a lot more time reading through the threads to get a handle on how your phone works and what and how to do things. [like the above mentioned updating modem/firmwares]. OR you'll likely kill your device in one way or another.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread