Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 51,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Gear Manager] Poor battery with new 1.7.041404 (Gear1) | 2.0.14040404 (Gear2)

Tip us?

zinviz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Battery Low [Q] [Gear Manager] Poor battery with new 1.7.041404 (Gear1) | 2.0.14040404 (Gear2)

Hi, i have a Gear 1 and a Note 2... Gear Manager got updated on my phone 3 days ago (to v1.7.041404, precedent version was v1.6.132701).

After this change, I noticed my battery was going down much faster: at the end of the day 30 to 40% of the total consumption was due to "SAproviders" service...
After having a look with Better Battery Stats, I saw that this was essentially due to a partial wakelock from "SASVoiceProvider". Not good.

I don't know much but I know this was not happening with v1.6.132701, so I tried to reinstall v1.6.132701 SASVoiceProvider.apk on the phone (and not the full Gear Manager).

I got it from this link :

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/e7h...#73uzc5f0mgzxr
(-->go into "1.6.132701/Extracted" directory)

from the xda thread :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2573200

(thanks by the way )

The result: no more wakelock, no more battery drain... and normal behavior for the rest.

Have you guys seen this new Gear Manager causing heavy battery drain, or not ?
The Following User Says Thank You to zinviz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cabtouch
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I installed this same version of gear manager and had a "saproviders has stopped" message during alarms. Had to freeze this app in Titanium backup but I am not sure what service this app provides to the gear and if I will miss something without it. I will try your solution, installing the previous version of this app. If I solve the problem with that, I will let you know updating this post. Thanks anyway.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
My history:
Palm OS: Palm Treo 600+650
WinMo: ETEN Glofiish M700, HTC Cruise, Diamond, Pro, HD2, Samsung Omnia, Omnia 2 (best of its time), HTC HD7 (hated it)
Android: Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S, SII, Note, Note 2, Note 3, LG G3 (while waiting for Note 4)
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

cabtouch
Old
Thanks Meter 12
What happened: the gear manager asked for a new update and it goes to 2.014041404. I have a Galaxy Gear, not the Gear 2. Everything now is working OK. Good battery life also.
My history:
Palm OS: Palm Treo 600+650
WinMo: ETEN Glofiish M700, HTC Cruise, Diamond, Pro, HD2, Samsung Omnia, Omnia 2 (best of its time), HTC HD7 (hated it)
Android: Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S, SII, Note, Note 2, Note 3, LG G3 (while waiting for Note 4)

story
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hi, new to Gear. Are you talking about battery drain on the phone or the Gear?

On Null 23, I am lost 16% on 10 hours idle over night without use.
Tags
battery drain, gear manager, svoice