Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,472 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GSM and DINC 4G LTE

Tip us?

therreid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default GSM and DINC 4G LTE

Since I have now switched to a DNA for may daily use phone, I thought I would take my rooted and s-off DINC 4G LTE over to our local GSM carrier (Union Wireless) and see if I could use it on their GSM service as an emergency phone. Here in Wyoming we have decent Verizon service in the cities and towns and most places on the Interstates and spotty service on state highway route. So, when we go camping in the mountains, etc. one has to generally find a high place to get a Verizon signal. However the local company (Union) has signal most places, but they are GSM.

When I talked to the rep at Union she said to stop by one of their stores and try out a sim and see if it worked in my phone......So I did just that and it did indeed work. I did not try data, but it looked like data worked as well as my phone updated my Microsoft outlook while we were testing it.

I am running CM 10.2.1 on this DINC 4G LTE and it does look like it will work great as a GSM option. Whether I chose to use it here in Wyoming or need a GSM phone in a foreign country.

For a phone that receives such little love and was forgotten by HTC.....it really is a very solid unit.

kimba99
Old
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
i use mine already since more than a year in a non-CDMA country (over here in europe) ... only real "trouble" i had was that it doesn't get any stable HSPA+ connection, it always reverts to the (s)lower 3G mode ...

CM10.2 is quite a bit better regarding HSPA than stock ICS-based roms due to their updated ril-libs, but still not stable enough. still, i love the phone
HTC Dinc4G LTE 1 (S-OFF) ... @ ChaOri-K99 4.00 w/ Fireball3410-K99 kernel JB43/Sense5.5 !! & JTAG'ed
HTC Dinc4G LTE 2 (S-OFF'ed _after_ the 2014-OTA!!!) ... @ Viper w/ InfernalK99-147u12 TWRP2.6.3.0n & PSM ...

enricong
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I just came back from Hong Kong and my phone worked fine there with a SIM card. But the connection kept switching between "H+" and "3G". It was still faster than my hotel internet
Using Droid Inc