Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck on Cloudy Flex

Tip us?

just4kix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Stuck on Cloudy Flex

Hello,
I am hoping someone could help me out with my situation. I am on t-mobile's D801 and flashed cloudy flex after having been on SmiLey497's stock ROM. Once I flashed Cloudy's, I could not get root, superSU would fail to update binaries, there is no recovery anymore so I can't flash superSU, I've tried the downgrade method and it fails at 49% I've been trying for two days now and have been unsuccessful. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to try next? Also, I can't ADB push anything to my device because I don't have root.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

just4kix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
No one? I see glimpses of fixes but still unable to fix my phone. I've tried the downgrading and get stuck at 49%, I've tried the tot method and get "Device Model is Different" error. Can anyone tell me what Cloudy is based on? Do I need to use a G Flex tot file to try and downgrade this phone? This is killing me...

msirhk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool d801 re flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
No one? I see glimpses of fixes but still unable to fix my phone. I've tried the downgrading and get stuck at 49%, I've tried the tot method and get "Device Model is Different" error. Can anyone tell me what Cloudy is based on? Do I need to use a G Flex tot file to try and downgrade this phone? This is killing me...
You need to use the method where it changes your host file and lets you install 4.2 back on to the phone, STOCK, then you have to re flash your recovery and it should let you get your root back. Then you install cloudy 4.4.2 whichever version fits you.

just4kix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by msirhk View Post
You need to use the method where it changes your host file and lets you install 4.2 back on to the phone, STOCK, then you have to re flash your recovery and it should let you get your root back. Then you install cloudy 4.4.2 whichever version fits you.
Thank you. I just ended up doing a warranty repair. I am back in business now.