Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,394 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Im losing my mind.

Tip us?

pileot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Default Im losing my mind.

I must be missing something and its driving me crazy.

I am trying to install Null_ to my gear, I was able to follow the guide and use odin to install TWRP on the gear, that was easy. Now I'm losing my hair trying to send the null_23 zip to the gear.

I've tried sending via NFC, no luck.
Tried sending via bluetooth, no luck.
I tried ADP Push null_23.zip /sdcard but my gear doesn't appear to have ADB installed.
I can't install ADB without root.
Can't install root without internet
Can't get internet without bluetooth tethering
Can't seem to enable bluetooth tethering without root?
I am losing my mind!

Every guide I find says "transfer the file to the gear and install with TWRP" but they forget that some of us are new to the galaxy gear and might not know how to do that!

If someone could please give me some sanity and explain how I can transfer these files to get it working I would appreciate it very much because every guide i've seen to date seems to think i know what im doing (protip, I don't, thats why im reading the guide)
If what I said was remotely helpful the thanks button is right there, only takes a second.

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 374

DONATE TO ME
Did you enable usb debugging on the gear?

pileot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
Did you enable usb debugging on the gear?
Yes.

Finally got it working (Kind of), turns out my computer didnt have proper drivers installed, had to go to the device manager and manually uninstall the drivers, then reinstall the samsung ones, then change the USB port I was connected to so the computer checked for drivers and installed it properly. After all that it detected the watch but STILL wouldnt let me ADB.

I FINALLY was able to ADB the files over by using the "Universal ADB Driver" package. http://download.clockworkmod.com/tes...iverSetup6.msi

Hopefully anyone else having these issues can find this information useful. Its not always a device issue but could be the computer doesnt have the right drivers.

Thanks!
If what I said was remotely helpful the thanks button is right there, only takes a second.
The Following User Says Thank You to pileot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]