Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 42,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Exact Prism clear case (similar to Supcase's Hybrid Bumper Case) review with pics

Tip us?

graffixnyc
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimfire72 View Post
Ah, thanks for the review. I have the Supcase one and it also has the problem with the top and bottom lips being a little loose. I wonder if these are all the same cases with just different logos slapped on the back? I dunno... I also ordered the amCase deal, on it's way. Curious to see if that one's any better.
I don't think anyone will be better than the other.. If you ask me they are probably all made in the same plant(or few plants) just some are stamped with the individual company logo and some are not. There are also a bunch of the same type of case on ebay with no brand name. I mean a lot of these cases that these companies brand are just generic cases from China.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect." -Henry Hill

Devices:

Current Phones:
HTC One M8 Gray 32GB + 128GB SD
Oppo Find 7a 16GB + 64GB Card
OnePlus One

Current Tablets:
Sony Z Ultra GPe (Phone but use as a tablet)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb

All new members should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/graffixnyc

G+: http://gplus.to/graffixnyc

aimfire72
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc View Post
I don't think anyone will be better than the other.. If you ask me they are probably all made in the same plant(or few plants) just some are stamped with the individual company logo and some are not. There are also a bunch of the same type of case on ebay with no brand name. I mean a lot of these cases that these companies brand are just generic cases from China.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
My cheapo amCase came in today... It's basically the same design as all the others, but the back is a matte frosted plastic which actually makes the phone more awkward to hold, it's a little slippery. Basically the same exact tpu bumper, but mine has slightly more sag at the top and bottom lips. I like the way the glossy Supcase feels... will keep the amCase as a $2 spare, lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aimfire72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rydah805
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1140

DONATE TO ME
Just picked one up... Definitely like how it shows off my Amber Gold while protecting my device. I don't like how hard it is to get the phone in and out of the case.

Sent From My HTC One (M8)

ThisIzRydah.com
Check Me Out On The Google Play Store!!!
Check Me Out On iTunes!!!
Check Me Out On Amazon MP3!!!
Check Me Out On Zune!!!
HTC One (M8) - Amber Gold
HTC One (M7) - Half Stealth Black/Half Glacier Silver
Samsung Galaxy S4

revoltech
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have this same case in the same color. My only issue with this case is the volume control buttons are a little stiff. I hope that will fix itself when the case gets broken-in. I love how this case shows off the body of the M8 through the clear back.

Rydah805
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1140

DONATE TO ME
I like the quality of the side's. Would love an all matte case. All I've found have a matte back with glossy sides.

ThisIzRydah.com
Check Me Out On The Google Play Store!!!
Check Me Out On iTunes!!!
Check Me Out On Amazon MP3!!!
Check Me Out On Zune!!!
HTC One (M8) - Amber Gold
HTC One (M7) - Half Stealth Black/Half Glacier Silver
Samsung Galaxy S4

aimfire72
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydah805 View Post
I like the quality of the side's. Would love an all matte case. All I've found have a matte back with glossy sides.

I've seen one by Griffin, has the matte sides, but a glossy back, lol. Saw it at an unofficial Verizon store, was $24.99, which is obviously a lot for a case like this. The sales guy opened it up for me, the matte sides were actually kind of slippery, no grip to them.

twan69666
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Nice review, thanks. Just worried as people seem to complain about the gap on the top and bottom. Luckily they're cheap so no big loss if I didnt like it

Badelhas
Old
Thanks Meter 44
In your opinion, this the best clear case out there?

hamlettime
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
I can't really say, as I haven't tried all the cases. However, evidence points to this case being generic and is identical to clear cases from other brands. The Exact Prism case is at a good price though, so I would wholly recommend it, despite the looser fit.

HiddenSanctum
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Anyone have the white/clear one? I was wondering if the white stains