How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Exact Prism clear case (similar to Supcase's Hybrid Bumper Case) review with pics

OP hamlettime

24th April 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #11  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 4,789

5,570 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimfire72

Ah, thanks for the review. I have the Supcase one and it also has the problem with the top and bottom lips being a little loose. I wonder if these are all the same cases with just different logos slapped on the back? I dunno... I also ordered the amCase deal, on it's way. Curious to see if that one's any better.

I don't think anyone will be better than the other.. If you ask me they are probably all made in the same plant(or few plants) just some are stamped with the individual company logo and some are not. There are also a bunch of the same type of case on ebay with no brand name. I mean a lot of these cases that these companies brand are just generic cases from China.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
26th April 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #12  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 119

986 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

I don't think anyone will be better than the other.. If you ask me they are probably all made in the same plant(or few plants) just some are stamped with the individual company logo and some are not. There are also a bunch of the same type of case on ebay with no brand name. I mean a lot of these cases that these companies brand are just generic cases from China.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My cheapo amCase came in today... It's basically the same design as all the others, but the back is a matte frosted plastic which actually makes the phone more awkward to hold, it's a little slippery. Basically the same exact tpu bumper, but mine has slightly more sag at the top and bottom lips. I like the way the glossy Supcase feels... will keep the amCase as a $2 spare, lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aimfire72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,176

3,845 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just picked one up... Definitely like how it shows off my Amber Gold while protecting my device. I don't like how hard it is to get the phone in and out of the case.

Sent From My HTC One (M8)
28th April 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 7

54 posts
I have this same case in the same color. My only issue with this case is the volume control buttons are a little stiff. I hope that will fix itself when the case gets broken-in. I love how this case shows off the body of the M8 through the clear back.
28th April 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,176

3,845 posts
Donate to Me
More
I like the quality of the side's. Would love an all matte case. All I've found have a matte back with glossy sides.

30th April 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #16  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 119

986 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydah805

I like the quality of the side's. Would love an all matte case. All I've found have a matte back with glossy sides.

I've seen one by Griffin, has the matte sides, but a glossy back, lol. Saw it at an unofficial Verizon store, was $24.99, which is obviously a lot for a case like this. The sales guy opened it up for me, the matte sides were actually kind of slippery, no grip to them.
1st May 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
Nice review, thanks. Just worried as people seem to complain about the gap on the top and bottom. Luckily they're cheap so no big loss if I didnt like it
2nd May 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #18  
Flag Braga
Thanks Meter: 62

776 posts
More
In your opinion, this the best clear case out there?
3rd May 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #19  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

42 posts
I can't really say, as I haven't tried all the cases. However, evidence points to this case being generic and is identical to clear cases from other brands. The Exact Prism case is at a good price though, so I would wholly recommend it, despite the looser fit.
3rd May 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 47

329 posts
More
Anyone have the white/clear one? I was wondering if the white stains

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread