Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CWM: Can't find restore folder

Tip us?

CurtisAndroid5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default CWM: Can't find restore folder

Never had this issue before in the past 4 year I've used Clockworkmod but basically I have my backup folder on my external SD and whenever I try to restore a backup via the backup and restore menu in recovery I get an error saying there are none to be found.

Been googling for the past hour with no luck and it's now 3:05am and I'm just about ready to launch my device out the window.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Current Phone: Huawei Ascend P1 - Unlocked - Clockworkmod Touch Recovery running OmniRom 4.4.2 by Spanorg.

Other devices:
16GB iPhone 4 - Unlocked - 6.1.3 semi-untethered jailbreak
HTC One V - Clockworkmod Recovery 6 running SHPONGLE (4.2.2) - Unlocked/Unlocked Bootloader/Rooted
Orange San Francisco II - Clockworkmod Recovery 6 running Cyanogenmod 10.
Samsung Galaxy Europa - Clockworkmod Recovery 4 running CM7

The Galaxy 5 'Post Your Homescreen' Thread.

Press THANKS if I helped!

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 487

DONATE TO ME
If we're assuming the SD card is functioning properly and in the correct format that CWM supports, then either your version of CWM doesn't support restoring from external, you have to manually choose restore from the external, or the naming structure is messed up. Have you just tried moving it to internal just long enough to see if the backup is working and then move it back?
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]