Post Reply

[Q] Touch Pointer Color Change?

29th April 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hey XDA,

Long time lurker, first time poster. First off, thanks a ton for the detailed guides, I was able to root my phone today and install the speaker mod and the camera mod relatively quickly for a COMPLETE novice.

My next question is, can I change the color (from white to anything) of the "Show touches" cursor on my LG G2? I've attached screenshot to help explain what I'm trying to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-29-14-11-25.png
Views:	109
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	2716199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-29-14-17-54.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	2716200  
29th April 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #2  
buenarc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
270 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by substitutesam

Hey XDA,

Long time lurker, first time poster. First off, thanks a ton for the detailed guides, I was able to root my phone today and install the speaker mod and the camera mod relatively quickly for a COMPLETE novice.

My next question is, can I change the color (from white to anything) of the "Show touches" cursor on my LG G2? I've attached screenshot to help explain what I'm trying to do.

Have you tried calling your telecom provider?
30th April 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenarc

Have you tried calling your telecom provider?

As in call Verizon and ask this? I guess I haven't as I figured this would be more of a customization outside of what a large corporation would rollout?
30th April 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #4  
deadgiveaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Try to find the toucb pointer image file in framework res

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
1st May 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadgiveaway

Try to find the toucb pointer image file in framework res

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app

I wasn't able to find any image files in the framework that seemed to be connected to the touch pointer image... any other ideas? I feel like someone has to have changed this feature before, it would be such a cool customization
1st May 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #6  
deadgiveaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
It could be an xml file , i also looked ,but i never themed any lg roms so i might have to give another look ...it has to somewhere ....

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
1st May 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadgiveaway

It could be an xml file , i also looked ,but i never themed any lg roms so i might have to give another look ...it has to somewhere ....

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app

I would think so too!? Thanks for helping out, I really appreciate it! Let me know what you find
2nd May 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Were you able to find anything on this at all?
2nd May 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #9  
deadgiveaway's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I would suggest looking in the lg apk ..

Like lg ui and lg home

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd May 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #10  
AyDee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mobile
Thanks Meter: 900
 
1,256 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by substitutesam

I wasn't able to find any image files in the framework that seemed to be connected to the touch pointer image... any other ideas? I feel like someone has to have changed this feature before, it would be such a cool customization

I would think LGSettings.apk or possibly LGE-res.apk or LGSystemui.apk
If you use xposed you could add a feature request to one of the modules in the dev section.

The Following User Says Thank You to AyDee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank