TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Any way to turn the screen off on the lock screen?

OP TyWadd

2nd May 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2

35 posts
I prefer not to shimmy up the phone to reach the power button, and have it set up so a double tap on the back key turns the screen off. However, they do not shoe up on the lock screen. So I have to enter the pattern then turn the screen off. Does anyone know a mod or widget you can place on the screen in the lock screen to turn the display off?
Thanks
2nd May 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

55 posts
Viper ROM has that sort of option. I don't use Xposed, but I believe it does as well.
3rd May 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 85

316 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyWadd

I prefer not to shimmy up the phone to reach the power button, and have it set up so a double tap on the back key turns the screen off. However, they do not shoe up on the lock screen. So I have to enter the pattern then turn the screen off. Does anyone know a mod or widget you can place on the screen in the lock screen to turn the display off?
Thanks

If you're willing to flash a custom kernel, Evolution's kernel has swipe to sleep feature (swipe right to left on the bottom of the screen to turn it off, works on lock screen.)

Link here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716686
3rd May 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

116 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyWadd

Thanks

If you are using the stock LockScreen, double tapping anywhere on the display will turn the screen off. If you are using a replacement LS you can get an Xposed module that turns the screen off with a double tap on the status bar.
3rd May 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 85

316 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdnookhd

If you are using the stock LockScreen, double tapping anywhere on the display will turn the screen off. If you are using a replacement LS you can get an Xposed module that turns the screen off with a double tap on the status bar.

Wow I didn't know that! That's awesome!
3rd May 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

139 posts
Xposed!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...er-button.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread