FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Any way to turn the screen off on the lock screen?

2nd May 2014, 09:16 PM |#1  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I prefer not to shimmy up the phone to reach the power button, and have it set up so a double tap on the back key turns the screen off. However, they do not shoe up on the lock screen. So I have to enter the pattern then turn the screen off. Does anyone know a mod or widget you can place on the screen in the lock screen to turn the display off?
Thanks

2nd May 2014, 10:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Viper ROM has that sort of option. I don't use Xposed, but I believe it does as well.
2nd May 2014, 11:16 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyWadd

I prefer not to shimmy up the phone to reach the power button, and have it set up so a double tap on the back key turns the screen off. However, they do not shoe up on the lock screen. So I have to enter the pattern then turn the screen off. Does anyone know a mod or widget you can place on the screen in the lock screen to turn the display off?
Thanks

If you're willing to flash a custom kernel, Evolution's kernel has swipe to sleep feature (swipe right to left on the bottom of the screen to turn it off, works on lock screen.)

Link here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716686
2nd May 2014, 11:59 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyWadd

Thanks

If you are using the stock LockScreen, double tapping anywhere on the display will turn the screen off. If you are using a replacement LS you can get an Xposed module that turns the screen off with a double tap on the status bar.
3rd May 2014, 01:02 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdnookhd

If you are using the stock LockScreen, double tapping anywhere on the display will turn the screen off. If you are using a replacement LS you can get an Xposed module that turns the screen off with a double tap on the status bar.

Wow I didn't know that! That's awesome!
3rd May 2014, 07:52 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Xposed!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...er-button.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread