Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any way to turn the screen off on the lock screen?

Tip us?

TyWadd
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Any way to turn the screen off on the lock screen?

I prefer not to shimmy up the phone to reach the power button, and have it set up so a double tap on the back key turns the screen off. However, they do not shoe up on the lock screen. So I have to enter the pattern then turn the screen off. Does anyone know a mod or widget you can place on the screen in the lock screen to turn the display off?
Thanks

Bellypock
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Viper ROM has that sort of option. I don't use Xposed, but I believe it does as well.

sparky_005
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyWadd View Post
I prefer not to shimmy up the phone to reach the power button, and have it set up so a double tap on the back key turns the screen off. However, they do not shoe up on the lock screen. So I have to enter the pattern then turn the screen off. Does anyone know a mod or widget you can place on the screen in the lock screen to turn the display off?
Thanks
If you're willing to flash a custom kernel, Evolution's kernel has swipe to sleep feature (swipe right to left on the bottom of the screen to turn it off, works on lock screen.)

Link here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716686

tdnookhd
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyWadd View Post
Thanks
If you are using the stock LockScreen, double tapping anywhere on the display will turn the screen off. If you are using a replacement LS you can get an Xposed module that turns the screen off with a double tap on the status bar.

sparky_005
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdnookhd View Post
If you are using the stock LockScreen, double tapping anywhere on the display will turn the screen off. If you are using a replacement LS you can get an Xposed module that turns the screen off with a double tap on the status bar.
Wow I didn't know that! That's awesome!

Napoleones
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Xposed!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...er-button.html