Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 38,461 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What exactly did HTC do to blow up Mac syncing? and is there a fix?

Tip us?

busterbrown77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Storage [Q] What exactly did HTC do to blow up Mac syncing? and is there a fix?

As the title says, I use a mac and I have been unable to use both my M7 (After 4.4 Update) and my M8 on my mac. To be specific, android file transfer never sees the phone. Occasionally when booting my phone up when connected the manager pops up with a phone could not connect message, but it has never worked. This is isolated to just HTC phones for me, I verified my setup is fine with a Note 10.1 2014 (running 4.4.2), Nexus 5 (4.4.2), and a S4 (4.2). All of those connect fine.

I know there were some threads about HTC breaking something but I haven't seen a fix yet. Is there one?

roaringcrown
Old
Thanks Meter 27
If you're rooted, try DriveDroid. Let it acquire root, skip the setup, then tap on the Settings icon on the bottom bar. Then tap USB Settings and select Manually Change Permanent USB Mount. Select Media Transfer Protocol Android Debugging. Now connect your device. You should be good to go.

busterbrown77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaringcrown View Post
If you're rooted, try DriveDroid. Let it acquire root, skip the setup, then tap on the Settings icon on the bottom bar. Then tap USB Settings and select Manually Change Permanent USB Mount. Select Media Transfer Protocol Android Debugging. Now connect your device. You should be good to go.
Hmm, I'll give that a shot and report back..

XfrostX
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown77 View Post
Hmm, I'll give that a shot and report back..
When I connect my phone to my mac a install for HTC Sync manager comes up. You might have to use that

busterbrown77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by XfrostX View Post
When I connect my phone to my mac a install for HTC Sync manager comes up. You might have to use that
I hope not. I Loathe HTC Sync. Damn thing never quits right, doesn't run particularly well, and I just don't want another service running if I don't really need it. When I'm done with finals though I will try that. I have a bad feeling your right though...

Napoleones
Old
Thanks Meter 9
If you restart the computer with the phone still plugged in, Android File transfer will work.
Tags
file transfer mac, htc one m7, htc one m8