Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,947 Members 40,792 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] from Android 2.3.5 to 2.2

Tip us?
 
mnms1983
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default [Q] from Android 2.3.5 to 2.2

dear all,
i have a micromax a27 bolt.
it is 1gh processor 512 rom 210ram 2g phone.

its stock rom is Android 2.3.5

my question is can i put Android 2.2 ?
if yes how?
 
karthick mostwanted
Old
#2  
karthick mostwanted's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 40
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: chennai

 
DONATE TO ME
Wink what a noobers question

upgrading of OS is possible but downgrade is not possible,,!
 
Fantassy123
Old
#3  
Fantassy123's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 223
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick mostwanted View Post
upgrading of OS is possible but downgrade is not possible,,!
Ofcourse a downgrade is possible *Maybe do a little bit more research*
If your phone is rooted and has a Custom Recovery you could search for an android 2.2 rom for your phone, But if the phone didn't release with android 2.2 or lower it isn't possible.
Current phone : LG Google Nexus 5
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not Rooted)

Still own : HTC Desire HD,LG Google Nexus 4
Rom : Taktik 4.4.2 R1,Calkulin's Nexus 4 v1.5 (4.4.2)

Tablet : Nexus 7 2013
Rom : Stock 4.4.2 (Not rooted)

Previous Device´s :
Samsung galaxy nexus
Samsung galaxy note II
Samsung galaxy mega 6.3 (Gave to my father)
Samsung galaxy S3 (Gave to my girlfriend )
Asus Transformer Pad TF300
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210

Click on Thanks if you appreciate my reply
 
mnms1983
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantassy123 View Post
Ofcourse a downgrade is possible *Maybe do a little bit more research*
If your phone is rooted and has a Custom Recovery you could search for an android 2.2 rom for your phone, But if the phone didn't release with android 2.2 or lower it isn't possible.
yes it it rooted also has cwm.

I cant understand this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantassy123 View Post
But if the phone didn't release with android 2.2 or lower it isn't possible.
can you explain please...
 
LS.xD
Old
#5  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 585
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lübeck

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnms1983 View Post
yes it it rooted also has cwm.

I cant understand this


can you explain please...
Means if the oldest version of Android the phone was released / sold with --> you can't install a older rom bacause it doesn't exist and no one would ever starting develop a android version lower then the first stock rom the phone ever had!

Why do you want to install Android 2.2???
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0


It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
 
mnms1983
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Means if the oldest version of Android the phone was released / sold with --> you can't install a older rom bacause it doesn't exist and no one would ever starting develop a android version lower then the first stock rom the phone ever had!

Why do you want to install Android 2.2???
this phone released with android 2.3.5 then i think i cant put 2.2 .

this phone net speed is too slow and battery drain quickly when net browsing. that wise i thought to go to an old android version to solve above problems.
 
LS.xD
Old
#7  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 585
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lübeck

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnms1983 View Post
this phone released with android 2.3.5 then i think i cant put 2.2 .

this phone net speed is too slow and battery drain quickly when net browsing. that wise i thought to go to an old android version to solve above problems.

Not really. 2.3.5 performance is better than 2.2 as far as i know. Phone was released with 2.2 first.

There is a custom Jellybean rom available. I'd suggest trying it and UNINSTALL all non needed crap and deactivate non needed background processes. Especially google's apps love to drain your battery. Also Jellybean support virtual memory. 256MB is pretty low, so setting up the Jellybean rom may help. You can go back to stock at any time flashing the stock firmware.

STOCK

JellyBean custom
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0


It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
 
mnms1983
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Not really. 2.3.5 performance is better than 2.2 as far as i know. Phone was released with 2.2 first.

There is a custom Jellybean rom available. I'd suggest trying it and UNINSTALL all non needed crap and deactivate non needed background processes. Especially google's apps love to drain your battery. Also Jellybean support virtual memory. 256MB is pretty low, so setting up the Jellybean rom may help. You can go back to stock at any time flashing the stock firmware.

STOCK

JellyBean custom
i will try this thanks....
 
Wickedfire.214
Old
#9  
Wickedfire.214's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 55
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantassy123 View Post
Ofcourse a downgrade is possible *Maybe do a little bit more research*
If your phone is rooted and has a Custom Recovery you could search for an android 2.2 rom for your phone, But if the phone didn't release with android 2.2 or lower it isn't possible.
Agree

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Y s5360

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Samsung Gear Live Stock Firmware Image Pulled, Temp Root

Just yesterday,XDA Recognized Developer and TV ProducerAdamOutlertore apart … more

Draw a Line and Let Your Device Do the Rest with LineitApp

Over the years, since evenbefore Android entered the scene, we have striven to … more

[APK] Chrome Beta 37 Brings First Traces of Material Design

With Android L on the horizon, it’s no surprise that Google’s … more

Immersive Mode on Unrooted Devices with GMD Full Screen Immersive Mode

Everyone likes screen real estate–no question about that. The … more